CWP App Question???

This is a discussion on CWP App Question??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This may have been discussed before but does anyone know if you apply for a non-res in a state that is hard to get issued ...

Thread: CWP App Question???

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar

CWP App Question???

This may have been discussed before but does anyone know if you apply for a non-res in a state that is hard to get issued and get turned down, not for criminal reasons, but just because they don't normaly issue, would this be held against you at later dates when the question is asked, "Have you ever been turned down for a cwp"? If so, that would make anyone hesitant to apply in a state like NJ, etc..
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    It shouldn't matter if you are turned down by reason of the laws in place.

Curious to know where that question would come up and why?
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

VIP Member
    I've never seen it asked if you have ever turned down for a permit. I have seen it asked if you have ever had a permit revoked. 2 completely different situations.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I don't see why it would effect you in your home state. Simply put declined because I was non-resident in the "why" box. When in doubt contact the sheriff in your county and ask them, they would be able to give you a definitive answer.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    For some reason I thought I had seen that question before....maybe on the SC app or one of the non-res permits that I have (Maine and NH). Maybe I'm wrong but I thought it was. I agree with you guys above....it shouldn't be held against you but with these anti's out here you never know.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    MA Application:

13. Has any License to Carry Firearms, Permit to Possess Firearms, or Firearms Identification Card issued under the laws
    of any state or territory ever been suspended, revoked, or denied?
    It WILL be held against you . . . and that is why I've never applied for a RI NR permit (RI routinely deny with "insufficient reason" being their excuse).

ME NR Application (pg. 1):

LIST OF PREVIOUS REFUSALS TO ISSUE PERMIT TO CARRY CONCEALED FIREARMS OR OTHER
    CONCEALED WEAPONS BY ANY ISSUING AUTHORITY IN MAINE OR IN ANY OTHER JURISDICTION. For
    each refusal of a permit, please identify the agency that refused to issue the permit, and the date of refusal.

NH NR Application:

Have you ever had a license to carry denied in this or any other state? Yes No

I'm sure that there are many other states with similar wording.
    NRA Instructor

Links