Right Choice?

This is a discussion on Right Choice? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last Saturday my youngest son got married, his wife to be who is not anti gun requested no one wear their peace to the wedding ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Right Choice?

Question Right Choice?

Last Saturday my youngest son got married, his wife to be who is not anti gun requested no one wear their peace to the wedding or the reception after....

I usually wear my HK USP .45 pancake strong side, and a iTAC dual mag pouch weak side, which requires a belt.....

Wearing a tux prevents this, as they only have suspenders adding to the difficulty of CCW in a tux...

So did I do the right thing, carrying the XDM .40 in a Galco shoulder rig with two spare 18 round mags rather than try and wear a belt with the HK ;-)
    Buckj likes this.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Don't know if you could have kept the peace if the bride had seen your piece, but I have no problem with it.
    Max Well likes this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    Well, what's done is done. Now, in the interest of your youngest son's sanity, you might just want to keep this secret from your new daughter in law. That, sir, would be the right choice

haha, this is great! good choice in my book! Congrats to the addition to your family.
    ”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Why would you conceal a gun at a wedding? Nothing ever happens at weddings...

Mmmmm, here's one from Google, and there are MANY others...http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...0,594986.story

Stay armed...never tell...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Bravo Sir. I too defy the desires of the anti's at every opportunity.
    BkCo1 and SIGguy229 like this.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I carry at every wedding I attend, and most weddings I attend, I am the officiant at. So yeah, I think you did the right thing. No harm done because it didn't cause a problem, and if something had gone wrong you'd be the only line of defense until the thin blue line showed up.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I will be carrying at least one piece at my wedding in a few weeks. I just have to choose which. Might be getting a Taurus .22 from a guy I know, and it's small enough that I could put it in a pocket.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Good call, Sheldon J. The tail don't wag the dog.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    Last Saturday my youngest son got married, his wife to be who is not anti gun requested no one wear their peace to the wedding or the reception after....

I usually wear my HK USP .45 pancake strong side, and a iTAC dual mag pouch weak side, which requires a belt.....

Wearing a tux prevents this, as they only have suspenders adding to the difficulty of CCW in a tux...

So did I do the right thing, carrying the XDM .40 in a Galco shoulder rig with two spare 18 round mags rather than try and wear a belt with the HK ;-)
    That's what CC is for! Cheers!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Golf clap.....
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Not to worry. After all, she's HIS wife, not yours. Good decision.
    Tzadik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    I will be carrying at least one piece at my wedding in a few weeks. I just have to choose which. Might be getting a Taurus .22 from a guy I know, and it's small enough that I could put it in a pocket.
    If it's your wedding, carry whatever you like... Ever heard the term "shotgun wedding"? Okay, so it's supposed to be her dad carrying the shotgun, but exceptions can be made.

Oh, and congratulations :)

I think you made the wrong move. The proper thing to do would have been to swap out the spare mags for a holster for the HK and bring both.

I am glad you did not carry your

but instead, carried a

Someone above pointed out that she's his wife, not yours, so it is his problem, not yours... That is probably the most important point of the thread...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links