Update to my Incident in Tulsa

This is a discussion on Update to my Incident in Tulsa within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Majorlk FYI, every year the CSP tries to get a bill passed that makes open carry a felony, that makes accidental exposure ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Update to my Incident in Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post

FYI, every year the CSP tries to get a bill passed that makes open carry a felony, that makes accidental exposure of a concealed firearm a felony and MAKES PRINTING A FELONY.
    maybe the good people of CT should elect a governor that will keep the state cops in their proper place, enforcing laws not lobbying for laws

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    maybe the good people of CT should elect a governor that will keep the state cops in their proper place, enforcing laws not lobbying for laws
    We tried this past election, but instead elected an anti-gun governor and A/G and the gov has two of the most rabid anti-gun legislators on his staff. Sadly, over 90 percent of the precincts voted republican but the four largest went democratic and that carried the election - or so the Secretary of State certified. Many of us have our doubts.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Oufan08 View Post
    Just to catch a couple people up on the original incident, which may change your stance.

My gf and I were in the parking lot when a drunk driver hit our car and tried to speed off. Mall security stopped her and the sheriff's department showed up and asked for our ID's at that point we handed the officer our dl's and cc permits and that's when we were threatened with jail and confiscation of firearms.

Oklahoma law specifically allows guns in parking lots regardless of property owners feelings. Also gun buster signs mean absolutely nothing and the property owner has to ask you to leave and you refuse before you can be charged with misdemeanor trespassing.

My point in pushing this issue is gun rights in Oklahoma are pretty specific and I don't feel like supporting a department that believes gun laws are in a position to be interpretative.
    Im late to the party on this one, but OP, im behind you 1000%......

im sick of honest, law-abiding citizens being treated like F'in CRIMINALS because they choose to carry weapons.....

I hope you get a good lawyer and clean house....keep us updated for sure
    TN_Mike likes this.

So let me get this straight. You were in the parking lot of the mall and got hit by a drunk driver. After giving the officer your ID and permit, you got lectured on carrying in the mall because it is posted, and told later on the phone that they're watching you in the mall and will shake you down because they think you might be carrying.

It also seems that your state has a parking lot law, so you were not breaking the law or the mall's policy in the parking lot when you got hit by someone who was breaking the law.

If this is basically the reader's digest condensed version, then I'm with ya on this. I'd be writing letters to whomever I could. Realize that with anti-gun Governor and AG, you may not accomplish much of anything in real terms.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by PilotAlso View Post
    Thank God for people like the OP who are willing to push back against officials who act as if they are above the law. Threatening law abiding citizens should never be tolerated by society. It is a noble cause to attempt to educate and correct poor behavior.

Some people sit back and enjoy the fruits of others labor. Where might we be if we all sat back with limited "energy".
    This statement I agree with 100000%!

The OP and his girlfriend were COMPLETELY within their rights and were breaking NO LAWS at all. In fact, THEY were the victims of someone who was breaking several laws. There was no cause to treat them the way they were treated that day or the following days by the police department. I hope that he pushes this as far as possible and is able to teach the police there a valuable, and for him and his GF, and expensive lesson.

When we are treated in such a manor, and our rights are trampled on by authority figures like theirs were, if we do nothing about it, the authority figures are emboldened to do it more and with greater zeal every time. Those who do not stand up for their rights are destined to lose them!
    mlr1m, Stubborn and BugDude like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links