Waiting. Not patiently, but waiting in Davidson County, NC - Page 2

Waiting. Not patiently, but waiting in Davidson County, NC

This is a discussion on Waiting. Not patiently, but waiting in Davidson County, NC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What did you say when you called your senator? I am in Durham as well and am on my 101st day with no call. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Waiting. Not patiently, but waiting in Davidson County, NC

What did you say when you called your senator? I am in Durham as well and am on my 101st day with no call. I have called the Sheriff's office several times with no avail. When I first called, I kept getting the voice mail of "Wynona Autry." Now when I call, the Records Department answers. That would match the "change of personnel" excuse they gave you.

yup, I called Senator Bob Atwater, informed him NC was a MUST issue state and informed him on how many days it's been and if he could look into it for me i'd appreciate it.

I also filed a formal complaint (I googled it) with the AG's office. I actually called him left a voice mail message and he called me back very quickly. He's even called me a few times, left me some voice mails and really made sure everything has gone as they have told him it would.

Just call him tell him the truth, and file a formal complaint with the AG. I was in there just now and there definetly has been a personal change.
    I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
    myself for failing to be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice View Post
    That was with all the medical record checks...NC and SC.

Don't forget that the medical record check is not under their control...
    Help me out here.
    Are they looking for Prozac Rx's or whether you've ever been "committed"?

dont feel bad, here in upstate NY it took 6 months which is relatively fast for NY, and then another year to get the restrictions (hunting and target) removed. the problem is that since NY (upchuck shumer) wont recognize any other states CCW no other states recognize ours

He was told that unless he personally knows the sheriff or is friends with a deputy that it won't happen
    Who told him this? I have never known anybody to get turned down for a pistol permit if they met the requirements unless they were a known or suspected criminal. My dad got his permit in Orange county years ago without getting a single cop to sign his. My brother got his purchase permit as well. So did my friend that just became a citizen last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gforty View Post
    Help me out here.
    Are they looking for Prozac Rx's or whether you've ever been "committed"?
    They check to see if you were committed. They also check to see if you have a physical injury or defect that makes it "unsafe" for you to own or operate a gun. I don't particularly agree with that part of the process. However, the law is what it is. All we can do is work to get it ammended or repealed. (sp?)

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice View Post
    Who told him this? I have never known anybody to get turned down for a pistol permit if they met the requirements unless they were a known or suspected criminal. My dad got his permit in Orange county years ago without getting a single cop to sign his. My brother got his purchase permit as well. So did my friend that just became a citizen last year.
    I asked him again this morning in response to your question. He said that it was implied in the form that he was given at the sheriff's office. The form had a block for list the names of at least one, preferably two deputies that will vouch for you. At the top of the form it explicitly stated that if any blocks are left blank that the form will be discarded. When he asked a couple of deputies about that section, they told him to get the concealed permit instead. The form that he was given when he went to the office is very different than the form shown on the county sheriff's web page. He also said that something has changed as he got a permit years ago and it didn't have all that crap.

The wait is over.
    I called a deputy acquaintance who made a call to inquire of the status of my permit. Minutes later he called me back to say it just arrived and I could come get it. I'm sure they would have called me eventually. Total wait: 93 days. Well, it's over now for 5 years anyway.

A good feeling indeed after that kind of a wait. Congrats! Now go get it.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

He called at noon. I had it in my wallet at 1p. No speeding tickets either!

Noway, things must have changed in the last year. That puzzles me. The sheriff has always been very cool about things like that. They've always been pretty cool about a lot of things in the rural parts of Orange.

My guess would be pressure from the county board. There have been a lot of upper middle class and northern transplants trying to turn Hillsborough in to a minature Chapel Hill. A lot of good mountain biking and hunting land has been turned into "starting at $275,000" housing developements.

Could he print the one off of the site and use it? I haven't really looked since I got my CCH.

Let's go put a couple hundred rounds through the new Sig.

Okay, now let's clean it up and wipe it down.
    Last edited by RomeoZulu; August 27th, 2011 at 08:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links