Waiting. Not patiently, but waiting in Davidson County, NC

This is a discussion on Waiting. Not patiently, but waiting in Davidson County, NC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It was 90 days yesterday and no phone call. I called the Sheriff's office this morning to inquire on the status of my CCP application. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Waiting. Not patiently, but waiting in Davidson County, NC

It was 90 days yesterday and no phone call. I called the Sheriff's office this morning to inquire on the status of my CCP application. Lots of "hold on a moment, sir"....muzak...."What was your name again, sir?"......muzak......"What's your middle name, sir?"......muzak......"Sir, we are waiting for your card to arrive from the SBI in Raleigh. They usually arrive on Fridays, so it should be here on Friday. We will give you a call.".........

Arrrrrgh - I'm like a kid waiting from Christmas morning. patience....patience. I want to take my sleeping bag and camp at their door. I don't know how they are going to handle the new 45 day period that starts in December I think.

I'll never forget the day mine arrived,I strapped on the RIA 1911 compact and headed to Walmart which is where I was headed just before I checked the mail
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Wow...hard to believe in some places it takes that long. I had mine within 3 weeks.
    Sig Sauer P250
    Member-GeorgiaCarry.org
    US Navy 84-93

Yeah that sucks its taking so long. Mine took exactly 7 days from when i submitted my app. Florida!

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    It helps to have a maximum wait period. In Minnesota if they go past the date, they must issue to you by law. I waited for only 23 days before mine arrived - they have 30 days to respond.

Hope you get good news by next week.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

This is a 'shall issue' state, so not being a felon and having all the other prereqs, they have to issue me a permit. they just like to take their sweet time about it, just in case they find something on the 89th day. Then they blame another agency for the delay. My LEO relative said he could do the same background check in 10 minutes. That also made me angry.

That sounds odd for Davidson County. I have a father and brother -in-laws there (Lexington and Tyro) that both had theirs quick fast and in a hurry. File a complaint with the desk Sargent and are the personnel that deal with the CCW permits, in person. Your next step from there would be the Attorney Generals office.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Did they let Gerald Hagey back in or something?
    MikeNice likes this.

Sorry about your wait Rz, call your senator and file a complaint with the AG's office. Believe me they will get you an answer quick. Keep cool with them on the phone.

I got a call today at 425pm with an apology and she said my permit was ready for pickup. What's funny is Senator Atwater called and about 5 minutes after we talked they called. They said they would laminate it for free because it took so long.

Mighty nice of them but they close at 430... Hahaha so I have to wait till tomorrow lol
    I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
    myself for failing to be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by RomeoZulu View Post
    This is a 'shall issue' state, so not being a felon and having all the other prereqs, they have to issue me a permit. they just like to take their sweet time about it, just in case they find something on the 89th day. Then they blame another agency for the delay. My LEO relative said he could do the same background check in 10 minutes. That also made me angry.
    You can do the same background check on anyone for free. Its called the internet. And for those of you that say not all information is available, yes it is, the internet does not hide your identity as securely as you so ignorantly believe. It may take you longer than 10 minutes but i can assure you, it doesnt take 90 days, and it doesnt cost whatever it is they charge you.

Btw, this isnt directed at you romeo, just letting everyone know in congruent to what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by bwalker25 View Post
    Sorry about your wait Rz, call your senator and file a complaint with the AG's office. Believe me they will get you an answer quick. Keep cool with them on the phone.

I got a call today at 425pm with an apology and she said my permit was ready for pickup. What's funny is Senator Atwater called and about 5 minutes after we talked they called. They said they would laminate it for free because it took so long.

Mighty nice of them but they close at 430... Hahaha so I have to wait till tomorrow lol

Didn't get my call today (the 90th day). My coworker who submitted his 10 days before me is also still waiting. They told him there was a problem with some system and they would call him when they had it.... uh huh. I will prob find some time before the end of the week to file a complaint and call my senator as bwalker suggested if I don't get a phone call tommorow... I will be So happy to move outta Durham county... soooo happy!

Move to Orange.

I got my permit in 15 business days. That was with all the medical record checks completed and back ground checks in NC and SC.

Don't forget that the medical record check is not under their control and can take a while. I have a buddy that was delayed in getting his because of medical records. He owed a hospital $175 from 15 years ago. They would not release any information until he paid.

Had mine in 3 weeks, I am in Davidson county also.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Move to Orange.
    I have a co-worker who lives in Orange. He doesn't want a CC permit, just a $5 pistol permit to purchase a gun for plinking with. He was told that unless he personally knows the sheriff or is friends with a deputy that it won't happen and that instead he needs to get the $100 CC permit. He and I looked up the state regulations and it turns out that there is a generic clause that the Sheriff, solely at their discretion, hasn't decided that your of sufficiently 'good character' for the permit. It sounds like they are using this as a means to get everyone to buy the more expensive permits.

Orange county is an interesting mix. Most of it is quite rural. Then you have Chapel Hill and Carrboro.

my previous message was sent from my iphone, so let me add a little to it.

I am currently on day# 98 but got the call yesterday at 425 pm, so there was absolutely no way I could get to the office in time to pick it up.

They told me from the AG's office and my Senator that they (the SBI) originally submitted my permit BACK to the sheriff's office on or around 6/9/11, there was a personal change in that office, and my permit was "lost"

I was fine with that answer I just wanted to know what in blooming hell took so long to run a 10 minute background check and clear an Army Vet so I could CC.

Oh well, RZ good luck to you sir, and we should get together and go plinking some time :)

heck we should organize a NC get together at a gunshop with a range or something and have a cook out! I'll bring the bratwurst!
    I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
    myself for failing to be prepared.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links