SC CWP change of address

This is a discussion on SC CWP change of address within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Me and my family recently moved. So I had to change my address on my Drivers License and my CWP... I went to the DMV ...

Thread: SC CWP change of address

SC CWP change of address

Me and my family recently moved. So I had to change my address on my Drivers License and my CWP...

I went to the DMV and got a new DL.... SC now has the new ones with two pics on front, so I had to get pic retaken.

I went to this site and printed up this form http://www.aerotechfirearms.com/docu...sccwp_lost.doc

I got a copy of my CWP,and one of my new Drivers License.Also got a $5 dollar postal money order.

I sent the Doc I linked above( out at top*Change of Address*, put my numbers on it(where it asksfor Home and Buisness Iput my cell phone, home phone,and wifes cell phone), and also sent in the copies of my new DL and current CWP (old address) and the money order

I sent them in a White USPS envelope (large white one so paper wouldnt bend), I am worried now because it wasn't a vanialla envelope(like when I applied for my CWP to begin with)

Did I do it correctly? I am worried because I had to get a new picture for new DL, and the new DL is the newer style.

I am hoping it all goes well.Also I believe my current CWP is still valid till I recieve my new one with the new address on it?

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

looks like you sent everything you needed to. Just make sure to send in your old permit once you receive your new permit. I personally would have used the form from SLED's website:

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

I'm pretty sure SLED would know what the new drivers license looks like and it should not be a problem. If I remember correctly It took SLED a week or two go issue the new permit.

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    looks like you sent everything you needed to. Just make sure to send in your old permit once you receive your new permit. I personally would have used the form from SLED's website:

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

I'm pretty sure SLED would know what the new drivers license looks like and it should not be a problem. If I remember correctly It took SLED a week or two go issue the new permit.
    Thanks... the form you linked me to is the exact same form as the one I posted im my OP (the Duplication/Replacement form), which is the one I was told to use...

2 weeks is not bad:)as long as the one I have is still valid...

Are the CWP's now like the old ones? or do they also look like the new Drivers Liscenses???

I have no I idea if they changed the design of the CWPs. I got my replacement permit about a year ago.

When I had mine changed about 3 years ago I just sent them a check and photocopy of my CWP and DL with the new address. It took about a week and I had the new one. I never sent the old one in but they didn't ask for it either.

Links