Fiancee and I were talking last night.

This is a discussion on Fiancee and I were talking last night. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RevolvingMag I know. I'm much better now than I was five years ago. ...I'm actually better now than I was one year ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Fiancee and I were talking last night.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    I know. I'm much better now than I was five years ago. ...I'm actually better now than I was one year ago... I blame it on her; once we started dating, she started mellowing me out. I'm getting better, but I still have a good way to go before I'm 'there'.
    Outstanding!

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

2. Remove Ads

jyo
    I have gone to smaller, flater pistols like my Kahr CW9 or my very slightly larger Walther PPS 9mm for carry purposes---makes a huge difference.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    OK, bear in mind that people will risk their lives to save strangers. I think it's almost an instinct, species survival thing. Lots of stories, movies, Saving Private Ryan's.

Thus I always cringe when people -say- they are 'willing to use it (HG)' willing to apply deadly force. Actually, I don't think you get to choose. When pulled into a 'gravest extreme' situation, your instincts act. YOU do not. And, thus your instinct might be to freeze or flee. You might find a smoking gun in your hand and not really know what happened. No joke.

So I say "I am prepared..." and leave it at that. There is no willing to kill. I have no will to kill and will do everything in my power to not, not ever have to kill anyone. I don't contemplate it, I don't want it and I believe I have the training and preparedness and partnering up to never come close.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I just went shooting w/ my girlfriend at the indoor range in Richmond today using my H&K USP .40 and a rental full-auto H&K MP-5 10mm submachine gun. She only tried the machine gun and she almost shot the celing with it. After that, she wanted no part of it as she is not comfortable with guns, although she respects my decision to have one. But she did have a good time being in awe of my performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    After we got home, I took the .357 out of it's holster and handed it to her only to get 'why do you always hand me THIS one?"'
    Wonder what she's say if you handed her and Uzi?
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    Wonder what she's say if you handed her and Uzi?
    She'd be rather 'upset' at how much it cost. And how much ammo it uses; and how quickly it uses it..... It's always a losing battle where guns are concerned.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links