NC State of Emergencey

This is a discussion on NC State of Emergencey within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need to find the Governor's full proclamation to see if i can still carry....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NC State of Emergencey

NC State of Emergencey

I need to find the Governor's full proclamation to see if i can still carry.

2. Remove Ads

Good point, I haven't thought about that.

I'm so glad I don't live in NC anymore. Unfortunately I still visit a bit since our families are there. Isn't a state of emergency when you really need to arm yourself? There's chaos, emergency personnel are tied up with so many issues, perhaps no power, no phones, etc. That's just counter-intuitive.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    Your right to carry during this type state of emergency is not affected. This question has come up in the past and the governor specifically addressed it the last time.

But she has to address it in each proclamation. I haven't been able to find a copy of this one yet.e

North Carolina Office of Governor Bev Perdue

We are good to go. Item 7 has us covered.

VIP Member
    Here is Princess’s perdues latest declaration begging for Federal taxpayer money, there is no exemption for concealed mentioned.

Gov. Perdue requests federal disaster declaration

This is her website to keep up on the latest declarations.

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Finally found it. We can still carry and can still drink. (Not at the same time guys)

PROCLAMATION OF A STATE OF EMERGENCY
    BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA

Pursuant to the authority vested in me as Governor by the Constitution and the laws of the State of North Carolina:

Section 1.
    I declare that a state of emergency exists in the following counties in North Carolina due to the approach of Hurricane Irene:
    Beaufort, Bertie, Bladen, Brunswick, Camden, Carteret, Chowan, Columbus, Craven, Cumberland, Currituck, Dare, Duplin, Edgecombe, Gates, Greene, Halifax, Harnett, Hertford, Hyde, Johnston, Jones, Lenoir, Martin, Nash, New Hanover, Northampton, Onslow, Pamlico, Pasquotank, Pender, Perquimans, Pitt, Robeson, Sampson, Tyrrell, Washington, Wayne, Wilson
    Section 2.
    I order all state and local government entities and agencies to cooperate in the implementation of the provisions of this proclamation and the provisions of the North Carolina Emergency Operations Plan.
    Section 3.
    I delegate to Reuben F. Young, Secretary of Crime Control and Public Safety, or his designee, all power and authority granted to me and required of me by Article 1 of Chapter 166A of the General Statutes for the purpose of implementing the State’s Emergency Operations Plan and to take such further action as is necessary to promote and secure the safety and protection of the populace in North Carolina.
    Section 4.
    Further, Secretary Young, as chief coordinating officer for the State of North Carolina, shall exercise the powers prescribed in G. S.§ 143B-476.
    Section 5.
    I further direct Secretary Young to seek assistance from any and all agencies of the United States Government as may be needed to meet the emergency and seek reimbursement for costs incurred by the State in responding to this emergency.
    Section 6.
    I hereby order this proclamation: (a) to be distributed to the news media and other organizations calculated to bring its contents to the attention of the general public; (b) unless the circumstances of the state of emergency prevent or impede, to be promptly filed with the Secretary of Crime Control and Public Safety, the Secretary of State, and the clerks of superior court in the counties to which it applies; and (c) to be distributed to others as necessary to assure proper implementation of this proclamation.
    Section 7.
    This order is adopted pursuant to my powers under Article 1 of Chapter 166A of the General Statutes and under Article 36A of Chapter 14 of the General Statutes. It does not trigger the limitations on weapons in G.S. § 14-288.7 or impose any limitation on the consumption, transportation, sale or purchase of alcoholic beverages.
    Section 8.
    This Executive Order is effective immediately and shall remain in effect for thirty (30) days or the duration of the emergency, whichever is less.
    IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto signed my name and affixed the Great Seal of the State of North Carolina at the Capitol in the City of Raleigh, this 24th day of August in the year of our Lord two thousand and eleven, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-sixth.

ATtest:

EO103.pdf

I was thinking about this today actually. Good to hear that yall are still able to carry under this situation but it still sucks that the Gov. of NC can suspend your right to carry at all.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I was thinking about this today actually. Good to hear that yall are still able to carry under this situation but it still sucks that the Gov. of NC can suspend your right to carry at all.
    Mike, it's not the governor that is suspending our rights, it's the statute that our illustrious representatives made into law in years gone by that suspends our rights. At least the gov is trying to make it as close to right as possible until we get that statute thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Here is Princess’s perdues latest declaration begging for Federal taxpayer money, there is no exemption for concealed mentioned.

Gov. Perdue requests federal disaster declaration

This is her website to keep up on the latest declarations.

msgt, that her request for a federal disaster declaration, the declaration of the SOE is in my above post and she's got us covered again.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    msgt, that her request for a federal disaster declaration, the declaration of the SOE is in my above post and she's got us covered again.
    I stand corrected, I had checked the governors website and it is not posted there yet.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I'm so glad I don't live in NC anymore. Unfortunately I still visit a bit since our families are there. Isn't a state of emergency when you really need to arm yourself? There's chaos, emergency personnel are tied up with so many issues, perhaps no power, no phones, etc. That's just counter-intuitive.
    Yep, for us in gun friendly VA it is still business as usual. No begging for our right to carry when most needed.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Just a side note, if its regulated and licensed by the government, its not a right. Its a privilege. Carry on...
    ksholder likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Just a side note, if its regulated and licensed by the government, its not a right. Its a privilege. Carry on...
    AMEN "Sixto"...the phrase "shall not be infringed" has no "if", no "maybe", no "what if" or "what about" nor does it have an emergency clause.

Do we lose our 1st Amendment rights during an "emergency"? Then it's logical to ask, then why could we lose our 2nd?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links