Man breaks in house -- shoots mom, grandma & 2 young kids

Man breaks in house -- shoots mom, grandma & 2 young kids

This is a discussion on Man breaks in house -- shoots mom, grandma & 2 young kids within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This were kids in the same school district as I am & bused to another district school. This says a LOT about : * not ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Man breaks in house -- shoots mom, grandma & 2 young kids

Question Man breaks in house -- shoots mom, grandma & 2 young kids

This were kids in the same school district as I am & bused to another district school. This says a LOT about:

* not having a warning systems, someone breaking in while you are asleep....
    * as well as not only people, but Police taking threats seriously.You will notice in the article, Police had contact with him @ 10 pm. , then they had threatening phone calls @ 11 p.m. , etc.
    * People's unwillingness to protect themselves and their family .... or taking threats seriously. I would hate to be this "uncle" right now, knowing I should have been prepared to protect my family ....
    * How crazy and how far, some people will go .

I cannot imagine what low life scumbag would do this. I hope the 9 yr old and others all pull thru this and survive it. I cannot express what I think about this guy. I would volunteer to pull the trap on the gallows on this guy... if he hadn't shot himself.

Link : Girl, 6, fatally shot in shooting at home identified - KSN TV, Kansas News and Weather
    Family shot, six-year-old girl killed in SW Wichita home shooting
    WICHITA, Kansas – Wichita police say a 36-year-old man shot a family, killing a six-year-old girl, before turning the gun on himself early Thursday morning in west Wichita.

It happened at a home in the 2300 block of S. Stoney Point around 3:30. Calls came from a 30-year-old woman and 38-year-old man inside the home.

Police were told a 36-year-old man had kicked in the front door of the home. He went into the bedroom of a nine and six-year-old girl and shot them while they slept in their beds. He then went to other rooms where he shot the girls’ 30-year-old mother and 56-year-old grandmother. The suspect then shot himself in the head. He apparently didn’t know about a 38-year-old man, who police believe to be the girls’ uncle. He was not injured.

The six-year-old girl and gunman were pronounced dead on the scene. The 30-year-old woman, her mother and other daughter were taken to Via Christi St. Francis where they remain in serious condition. Police and hospital officials are very concerned about the nine-year-old, who they say is in very serious condition and may not survive.

Police say the suspect and 30-year-old woman had recently broken up after only dating a couple months. They say the suspect had contact with officers around 10 p.m. Wednesday when he told them two people were following him on N. Broadway with a gun. The suspect then reportedly called his ex-girlfriend and threatened her family around 11 o’clock.

The girls’ father was killed in September 2005 when he was hit by a train on K-15 near Cornejo and Sons.

Grief counselors are on hand at Kensler Elementary where the girls attend school.

Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Eagle; 08-25-2011 at 14:54.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

good lord. i can hear pretty tough news and not get too worked up, but this particular story is just absolutely horrid
    ”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    What is there to say? I don't know if this guy was pure evil or mentally insane or both to say the least! How can a break up be worth taking such actions?

An attack in the middle of the night while I'm sleeping is something that I think about quite often. I'm not even sure as to what kind of counter measure I could take to prepare for an attack while I'm sleeping?! I suppose there's a lot to be said for getting a good dog that you can count on. Your dog wouldn't even have to attack the perp so as long as he woke you up, giving you ample warning so you can prepare accordingly.

Horrible tragedy. Prayers and condolences go out to the family involved.

VIP Member
    How tragic. Too bad the family didn't take the threat seriously. I hope the boy and the women pull through. Every home needs a small dog and a big gun.
    Snub44 likes this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

What a terrible thing.

This points out why you need more than just a crappy door to keep folks out. A decent steel or solid wood door without a huge window, installed properly and maybe a good storm door out side it, which swings out towards the street will slow folks down for a while. Certainly long enough to make you wake up and be able to get to a gun.

Locally we had a 16 yr old girl kill a 30 something year old mother and her 10 yr old girl and 7 yr old boy in the midlde of the night. Cut at least one of their throats, then set the house on fire. LEO's weren't making much progress in the case until the 16 yr old broke down and told her mother. Everyone is very curious to find out what brought that on.

What folks will do never ceases to amaze me. Folks seem to have way to much time on their hands to plot the demise of others if you ask me.
    Bark'n, DIPLOE and Snub44 like this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Not much to add to what farronwolf posted.

People need to harden their entry points to allow enough time to wake up to someone trying to force their way in. I spent a lot of money replacing doors, adding steel reinforced door jams, new dead bolts to my new home. I sleep a whole lot better, but I'm not done hardening my castle. Still more to be done.

But now, it will take a battering ram to get through the doors with a lot of battering to even break the hinges.
    Phaedrus likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Sounds to me as tho the event happened very fast.

The uncle may not of had time to do very much.

No ready defense in the home seems to lie with them not taking the shooter's threat seriously.

If nothing else, put a chair under the door knob and brace it to harden up the door.

Very sad for the children and victims.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

I sleep with guns loaded and ready to go,door bursts open and they gotta come down a fatal funnel to reach the bedrooms
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Incredibly sad story that reminds us to prepare for home security.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Sounds to me as tho the event happened very fast.

The uncle may not of had time to do very much.

No ready defense in the home seems to lie with them not taking the shooter's threat seriously.

If nothing else, put a chair under the door knob and brace it to harden up the door.

Very sad for the children and victims.
    I'm not too sure about the event happening very fast - the guy had to kick down the door, go into a bedroom & shoot 2 young children and then go into at least 2 other rooms to shoot the other people. Just my opinion...

I definitely agree with your last statement.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    What is there to say? I don't know if this guy was pure evil or mentally insane or both to say the least! How can a break up be worth taking such actions?

An attack in the middle of the night while I'm sleeping is something that I think about quite often. I'm not even sure as to what kind of counter measure I could take to prepare for an attack while I'm sleeping?! I suppose there's a lot to be said for getting a good dog that you can count on. Your dog wouldn't even have to attack the perp so as long as he woke you up, giving you ample warning so you can prepare accordingly.

Horrible tragedy. Prayers and condolences go out to the family involved.
    +1 on the good dog. We have 2 in our house - one sleeps on each floor. Ample warning in case of an attempted break-in.

Back to the first point: I can't help but wonder what the uncle was doing during this whole thing. He had to have heard the gunshots, even if he did somehow sleep through the door being kicked in. Kicking a door in makes a HUGE noise.

My prayers and condolences to the family and friends of the victims of this horrible tragedy.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Single adults with children at home need to be especially careful when dating.
    Poor choices can/do lead to tragedy, not only for themselves, but for their kids too...as was the case here.
    Bark'n likes this.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

YEP... it's also came out with that he was on "meth" .... and I would point out .... unlike some people might think.... this was a very nice area of town.

The mother had "dated" him for 2 months and broken up with him, probably figuring out he was a nut and meth-head.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---

I hope these link work, this POS kid hacked his grandparents and their dog to death a few months ago....I worked with the grandma for years, terribly sad. The grandad was retired USAF and we all work at the local USAF base. His mom couldn't handle him, plus she's got some issues anyways, so the grandparents took him in around 2009 and this is how he pays them back for trying to help straighten out his life.
    I don't think he is eligible for parole until 2057. I miss her at work, she was nice and fun to work with!

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20110628_12_0_ OLHMIY294023[/URL]

Teenager Kills His Grandparents With Machete And Films It - YouTube

MWC Teen Pleads Guilty To Murder Charges In Grandparents' Death - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Didn't mean to take away from the posted thread, very say too.
    Last edited by soonershoote; August 26th, 2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: clarify
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

This is terrible. I feel for the victims and their families.

I worry about this a bit, even thought I live in a safe area. Criminals, of course, go where they think there is easy prey.

I don't have a dog inside, but do have a gun by my bed at night, and one on me now. The exterior doors are reinforced so it would be hard, and very noisy if someone tried to kick one in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links