Defensive Carry banner

GOOD: Home invader killed in Small Town, WI

3K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  sureshot1 
#1 ·
Alleged armed robber killed by Okauchee homeowner - TODAY'S TMJ4

Sounds like the epitome of a perfect HD situation where the GG prevails. Ironically enough this isn't more than 10 minutes from my house and in a recent post I was debating whether I should always carry or not because "nothing ever happens in a small town"...If anyone has nice winch they could wrap around my leg to help get retrieve my foot from my mouth, let me know! :hand10:

#3 ·
Sounds like the shooter did an awful lot of talking with the media. Hope that don't come back to haunt him. And, of course the perps fiance says he would never break into anyone's home or hurt anyone and didn't own a gun. Yep, probably a really good feller that just lost his way in the dark :rolleyes:

#5 ·
Whether the burglar had a gun or not though, if he implied he had one...it doesn't really matter either way...talking with the media may not be a great idea until the DA officially decides not to pursue charges though I agree

#7 ·
At least this guy said that it's the last thing that he wants to do. (shoot someone) If he's going to talk, I guess it's better than the guy in another thread that said that, "Next time, I'm gonna shoot to kill."

As far as crimes not happening in small towns like yours, maybe it's because of the "Criminal Buster" signs? Those GOTTA work!

#9 ·
She also claims he doesn't own a gun. She acknowledges Babe had a past but said he had committed himself to staying out of trouble and that would never do anything to take himself away from her and her two children.

I'll take "Toro Feces" for $400...:rolleyes:

Reactions: jerp
#11 ·
No we don't currently have castle doctrine...from local LE they're saying there's a bit more to this story than meets the eye so we'll see what comes out...also, the DA announced today the BG in fact didn't have a weapon on him...so we'll see if the homeowners story of "he said he had a gun and was going to kill me" holds up since there are obviously no other witnesses. I'm a little afraid this may turn out poor for gun rights and case law in WI.

#13 ·
...and in a recent post I was debating whether I should always carry or not because "nothing ever happens in a small town"
Seriously? You were really wondering about that?

How do you feel about it now?

#14 ·
Over time there have been horrendous crimes that were committed in urban communities and residents always say the same thing,that kinda thing has never happened here before/and or I guess I'm gonna have to start locking my doors.I carry 24/7 and I lock my doors and have audible alarms on windows and doors at night

#19 ·
Police didn't know what he was doing in the area !! Even with the little I know about detective work, I've come up with the idea he was there looking for something to steal and doing a burglary.:smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.