Would you wear this? - Page 6

Would you wear this?

This is a discussion on Would you wear this? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not my style....

View Poll Results: Would you wear this?

Voters
244. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 4.92%
  • No

206 84.43%
  • Maybe in the right place

26 10.66%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Would you wear this?

Not my style.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    While it is a funny shirt and saying, I sure would't want to be wearing it when the news cameras showed up or security cameras somewhere caught me during a SD situation. Funny shirt but it just looks bad and gives the wrong impression. While there are jokes that are funny in just about all subjects, wearing that joke could help send you to the slammer. JMO

And duk, thanks for the image.
    Going along with this frame of reasoning, just imagine what would happen if you had to defend yourself and shoot someone while wearing this shirt? It would be all over the news. You would be hung out to dry. You would be made out to be a vigilante militant, etc.

No, I would not wear this shirt. It does nothing to promote the cause in a positive light. It degrades human beings and make us look like we are insensitive to the value of human life - which couldn't be farther from the truth, IMO. There may be licensed carriers that are thugs but for the most part, we are law abiding citizens that want to have a means of protection as it is afforded to us by the Constitution to which we live under. There are way too many negative connotations associated with this shirt and only reinforces stereotypes that the sheep already have about us.

Education is a key ingredient to advance the cause of self-defense and this shirt does nothing of the sort.

There is a time and place for humor but the risk of this being misconstrued is too great, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hazard123 View Post
    To many afraid of offending. I find it a pretty funny t shirt and would wear it. I also wear a black cap on occasion that reads, We don't dail 911. It has a nice picture of a handgun on it.
    Something else I personally would not wear in public.
    5POINT56 likes this.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Nope...I like black t-shirts. I wonder how many would not wear this t-shirt for fear of offending the non-gun public, but would OC with no worries?

VR,
    Harold

I would liken a law-abiding armed citizen wearing that shirt to a legitimate proponent of medical marijuana wearing a Cheech & Chong shirt.
    MadMac likes this.

Me neither! Not my style.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

very funny, but no...
    ”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

I answered "No".
    Personally, I like to stay under the radar and blend in. I don't wear anything that makes me stand out or attracts attention.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Get in a situation that requires the use of your firearm with that shirt on and you will need the very best attny.
    Keep your powder dry

Quote Originally Posted by Hotbrass View Post
    Get in a situation that requires the use of your firearm with that shirt on and you will need the very best attny.
    This!!!
    They don't call him lucky Ned Pepper for nothing

I see a lot of amusing and politically incorrect t-shirts and bumper stickers all the time. None of them are something I would wear or have on my vehicle.

Yeah, I see them and chuckle, but not something I want to advertise in public.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I would not wear the shirt in public among people who would not understand the intent.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links