Anybody change or modify their "carry gear" after taking an Advanced Class?

This is a discussion on Anybody change or modify their "carry gear" after taking an Advanced Class? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've heard of holsters being "tweaked" or replaced during or after classes; just curious if other items haven't made the cut as well......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Anybody change or modify their "carry gear" after taking an Advanced Class?

Question Anybody change or modify their "carry gear" after taking an Advanced Class?

I've heard of holsters being "tweaked" or replaced during or after classes; just curious if other items haven't made the cut as well...

2. Remove Ads

sgb
    Many folks find through taking serious self defense training that their choices in firearms, carry methods and choices of kit don't work as well in practice as they do in theory. Training classes are an excellent way of evaluating your gear.
    marcclarke likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I went to an appendix carry after a Suarez class. I changed my draw after a Pincus class. I quit using handloaded defensive ammo after an Ayoob class.
    JD likes this.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Peoples Protectorate of Kaliforniya, gulag NorCal
    Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    .. I quit using handloaded defensive ammo after an Ayoob class.

Please explain?

I sold my three Kimbers and switched to all Glocks after a point shooting class. Only had one Glock at the time, I now have five.
    Rollo likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Oh yeah, of course! I've made countless changes and tweaks over the years
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by zonzin View Post
    Please explain?

Ballistic forensics.

Mossad Ayoob's take on using handloads for self defense.
    JD likes this.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar

Holsters and what happens to the belt

I just wanted to throw this into the mix,sometimes the holster is not the whole problem check out your belt this might be the answer the hoster not sitting right. I have had problems finding the right belt to fit my needs and so many belts will start to roll or sag then the holster goes south on you. For a long time I could not find a belt tuff-e-nuff to get the job done so I would take 2 belts to the boot shop and have the 2 stiched togather and the holster stayed and I found out I had several great holsters. Now comes the new problem of get a belt on line and sometimes they really what they are supposed to be and back the go. My lastest problem is I order a belt the first of Aug. and I thought that it would be here in time for my team assigment on the 1st of Sept but no it got back ordered and not much help on when I mignt get it. Well now I find out that we have been moved up and I had to borrow a black dress belt from a team member, my advice if you are ordering on line and its a duty assignment allow more than 30 days for it to get to you or call and see if there will be a delay before you pay for it. I guess I deserve the heat from my team one if them offered my a length of rope and told me they would help me on my next online order. God bless all of you out there and thanks for the good info and humor, by safe and I will be off line till the 17th of Sept and the Creator willing I talk then

Be alert Stay safe

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I learned much from Mas Ayoob's classes then added with Marty Hayes classes and developed my gear accordingly.

VIP Member
    Absolutely, the chances you got everything just right on the first try are very slim. If you find something that isn't quite right and DON'T fix it, that's just negligent.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

A recent low light class "proved" my gear - no changes. But, I did surprise myself, in that I thought I would prefer the Harris flashlight technique, but actually ended up liking the Rogers method best.
    Guantes likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I sold all my other guns (1911s, Sigs, Walthers) and went all Glock.

Also bought different holsters.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

The only change was that I swore off revolvers forever. In the class we carried our own weapons plus they issued small revolvers as backup. I found out me an revolvers don't get along. I guess like anything else, with practice I'd get better, but brother that thing felt very unnatural in my hand, just MHO.
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you ---- with me, I'll kill you all."

Marine Corps General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Administrator
    Slightly Off Topic but, after taking an advanced Tactical Carbine I switched to Red Dot optical sights & I'm never going back to Irons Only.
    Hallelujah Brothers & Sisters....I've seen the light...& it's red & it's bright and it's just right for the fight.

why the switch to all glocks, I currently have a glock and a kahr both in 9mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links