Concerns about carrying conceal and... - Page 2

Concerns about carrying conceal and...

This is a discussion on Concerns about carrying conceal and... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Quite frankly, most don't notice an openly carried gun, much less a concealed one "printing".... I wouldn't sweat it......

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Concerns about carrying conceal and...

Quite frankly, most don't notice an openly carried gun, much less a concealed one "printing"....

I wouldn't sweat it...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

the OP probably hasn't taken his wally walk yet.

Don't bend at the waist, you are going to have to bend at the knees to keep from printing. I can wear t-shirts, polos, and button-ups and conceal no problem. Just buy your shirts one size larger and you are good to go. Patterns and dark colors conceal better.
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Patterns and dark colors conceal better.
    +1.

Also, after you have cc'd for a while, you will become more aware of how your body is positioned/oriented and when your firearm is "facing outwards" where it may be more noticeable (or accessible). Also, it depends on the where your IWB rig is located. If, for example, your strong side is right hand and if your IWB rig is worn between 3:00 and 4:00, you can use your right (fore)arm to further obstruct anyone's view. This (arm) covering "technique" can further be used protect your firearm should anyone be compelled to touch it or extract it.

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    You have gotten a ton of good advice in this thread. I'll only add one more thing.

You will get more comfortable after wearing your gun for a while. I started to notice this when I chose not to carry on some occasions. A couple of times, doing this, I was quite uncomfortable because of my surroundings. This just takes a little time and getting used to carrying a firearm.

That said... Once I was comfortable carrying my gun, I wore shorts and a T shirt around town to TRY to make the gun print and see peoples reactions if they noticed anything. I mean... I was making it blatantly obvious that I was carrying, even though it was covered. So... What happened?

Zero, nill, nada, zip, no one noticed me carrying anything. Everyone is too absorbed in their daily routine, and are just not used to seeing someone carrying a gun under clothing. Even if people saw a bulge in my shirt, they probably thought it was a phone or something. If someone does notice, they probably carry, themselves. This was just a little experiment that I did, and it definitely boosted my confidence. Normally, I do conceal my handgun as well as I can, but I definitely don't worry about it printing anymore.

I notice more CC folks when they're checking or tugging on their cover clothing, or even patting their gun, than I do from printing.

I've realized that the fitter I am, and the more naturally I move, the less reason there is for anyone to notice anything.

VIP Member
    Personally I think your worrying about something that isn't a problem. You can minimize you pistols profile as already mentioned by others. Holster cant, patterned shirts, up the size by 1 size. Also most new carriers tend to be self consious, this in itself draws attetion to you. Be confident (not cocky), go about your business and keep your hand away from your gun (if it's in a propewrly fitting holster it's not going anyplace).
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Ya I'm sure I will become more comfortable after time . I think my concern comes cause I Am not to clean cut ,long hair worn in a ponytail ,gotee ,tattooed from wrists to neck both sides with both ears pierced twice usually on my harley so people tend to look at me with some fear to begin with. But its just the way I look . I always say I'm like a peanut m&m hard candy shell, soft and sweet on the inside but alittle nutty.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Heck if I'da known you was a 1%er Id'a said "Scabbard on the scoot."

J/K... BTW...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Whether people notice or get spooked or whatever is beside the point ... if "concealed is concealed" then I believe it's up to me to minimize printing as much as possible. My solution was to go FROM IWB carry @ 4:00 TO AIWB carry @ 2:30. Now I can bend or twist or squat or whatever and have not a hint of printing. I've got the holster set to a significant cant so that when I'm sitting, the muzzle points to the outside of my leg. It's more comfortable that way as well as being safer.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."
    John Wayne

cj
    Perhaps finding some slightly longer shirts might be in order, but also watch the bending and stretching...but really, for the most part, people are oblivious. I've seen plenty of people open-carrying where just about no one noticed. Part of it's probably just being self-conscious.

I would agree that the only people that will likely notice are other DC'ers
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Forgive me if I missed what you carry but if the carry gun is large and or heavy the formula is usually the more comfortable the holster the harder it is to conceal. I carry a full size 1911. My Galco n3 holster conceals very well but becomes uncomfortable after wearing it all day. My crossbreed holster is very comfortable but doesn't conceal as well.

Like others have said though most people aren't going to pay attention.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Heck if I'da known you was a 1%er Id'a said "Scabbard on the scoot."

J/K... BTW...
    Not quite a 1%er but I did ride with a club for 3 years and pretty much still look like I do except no colors and I now stay out of trouble with the law . I am actually thinking about going to the police acadamy when my wife is done going.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Patterns and dark colors conceal better.
    Second this...if you are concerned youwill be surprised how any printing will disappear under a good patterned shirt.
    "To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence." Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links