Carrying in General... - Page 2

Carrying in General...

This is a discussion on Carrying in General... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've only been carrying (XD-45 service model, 4" barrel) for a couple months so far...currently a tie between the CrossBreed Supertuck (deluxe) and the SmartCarry ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Carrying in General...

I've only been carrying (XD-45 service model, 4" barrel) for a couple months so far...currently a tie between the CrossBreed Supertuck (deluxe) and the SmartCarry (Security V model). The SmartCarry is much better at staying concealed in every imaginable position, whereas the CB is quicker to draw. Both are very comfortable. For the occasions where I open carry, I use the BlackHawk Serpa 2, which I'd also highly recommend for an OWB solution.

When wearing the CB, I have an IWB dual mag carrier to go with it, whereas I only carry 1 additional mag with the SmartCarry (I could get away with 2 pretty easily, but it's slightly less comfortable that way).

OP - Welcome to the forum, and good choice on the LCP!

I carry two of them, both with CT lasers, in my front pockets. As my needs are discreet, I use pocket holsters with anti-print panels made by Jim at Hidden Holsters - Expertly Crafted Pocket Holsters. There are similar holsters out there, but Jim was willing to add a thumb push-off for me, which I consider essential in a pocket holster. I ran this setup through a low-light pistol class, and it worked very well.

My wallet goes in my right rear pocket. Cell phone on belt on right side. Keys on belt at about 2 o'clock, using a small carabiner.

I used to carry a Spyderco Native folding knife clipped to my left rear pocket, but I'm starting to reconsider that - with two pistols on me, if I get to my knife things are really bad! A Leatherman tool is more useful day-to-day, and I find myself carrying it on my belt on the left side more often nowadays.

In casual attire, I usually wear cargo pants/shorts. I carry two spare mags in the left cargo pocket in the "spare mag wallet" made by abetterholster. In my right cargo pocket, I carry a Quik-clot dressing, a 1W Energizer flashlight, and chap stick. When in business attire, all the stuff that I carry in my cargo pockets goes into my briefcase.

Again welcome, and I hope this is helpful to you.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Work week carry is a Kahr CW45 carried IWB at 4:00, Gerber multi tool carried on the belt at about 2:00, Task Force 75 lumen flashlight carried on the belt at about 10:00, cell phone carried on the belt at 9:00 and a folding razor knife carried clipped in front strong side pocket.

Weekend carry is a 1911 IWB at 4:00, spare mag carried at 2:00, cell phone carried at 10:00 and a Gerber Covert Tactical in the strong side front pocket.

Almost forgot, welcome to the forum.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Welcome from GA

1911 Bianchi Professional IWB

A lot of you guys carry a crap load of stuff. I am not a LEO and don't want to carry a duty belt in my civilian daily life. I carry my 1911 strong side OWB or IWB (depending on my mood) and a spare mag. My iPhone and keys round out my "stuff".

CZ P-01 in a High Noon "Hidden Alley" @ 1 o'c;ock. Spare mag in left rear, wallet right rear, cheapo 3" folder right front (I tend to lose knives). When going a little lighter I carry an M&P 360 (w/ a 3" barrel) also in a High Noon "Hidden Alley". I have a couple of High Noon belts as well.
    Honor is self-esteem made visible in action. - Ayn Rand

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    LCP in $9 Blackhawke #1 holster front right, spare mag in a drywall knife pocket (most of my shorts seem to have those), keys and small attached LED, and phone in left front, wallet in left rear, and pocket knife in right rear. All in all I never really even notice most of the stuff, and things like my phone and keys are frequently in a back pack or just out. Sometimes I don't carry a spare mag, all depends on if I have the drywall knife pocket available or not.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links