Carrying in General...

Carrying in General...

This is a discussion on Carrying in General... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm just curious what you guys carry and how in your day to day life. For example: I carry a Ruger LCP with CT in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Carrying in General...

Carrying in General...

I'm just curious what you guys carry and how in your day to day life. For example:

I carry a Ruger LCP with CT in Galco Pocket Holster in strong side (left) front pocket.

Wallet rear strong side pocket

Spyderco Tenacious clipped onto rear strong-side pocket

iPhone 4 weak side front pocket (along with whatever I pick up, change, cards, etc...)

Car/house keys clipped on a Niteize S-Binder weak-side on a belt loop and tucked into rear pocket.

I would love to carry the knife on my strong side front pocket along with the LCP but the knife will get in the way of a potential draw of the firearm, and that's not okay... I'm just curious what you guys do. I'd really like to replace the Tenacious with either an Emerson, or a Spyderco with the Emerson wave opening thingy...

Anyways, looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    001.jpg

My EDC
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    STRONG SIDE
    In the field, I carry a G26 in a Tagua open top belt holster
    In the office, I carry either a 442 or 627 in a Tagua open top holster
    Secondary carry, Springfield Mil-Spec in a Galco holster.

WEEK SIDE
    Extra Ammo

LEFT REAR POCKET
    Surefire E2LED Defender.

My carry changes a lot since I never know exactally what I will be doing from one day to the next. Something I have found handy is keeping a few snake shot rounds in my pocket in case I run into a snake or two at a cell site.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    My Captain America days are slowly winding down, as I use to carry enough to take on the 5th Chinese Hoard. Currently, I carry my S&W 640 and occasionally, my Kimber Pepper Blaster.
    Last edited by Saber; September 3rd, 2011 at 05:01 PM.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Primary Glock 36 4:00 strong side, BUG Kel Tec P3AT with CT laser and spare mag right front pocket.

Lock Blade Folder clipped right rear pocket, small tactical flash light shirt pocket.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

My EDC is an ASP Street Defender.

My threat matrix is walk to car in driveway. Drive to work. Park in work lot. Walk 50 ft. to door, enter company. Sit in chair. Reverse order on trip home.

There are no likely threats I have to deal with, so a firearm is normally unnecessary. In my vehicle, I keep several knives, including a 6" assisted-opener and a 24" sword. I'll put the LC9 in the console if heading downtown.

When carrying large sums of cash, when going into urban areas, then I'll carry the LC9 or SR9c, depending on how deep into the inner city I'm going. One time in 7 years I've gotten close to having to mace down a bozo, but it de-escalated and everybody went home happy. Another time in the same period I was near using combatives but the guy backed down.

There are differing schools of thought on this and I don't disrespect those who have some kind of "carry always, carry everywhere" mentality. Being a martial artist, I don't feel helpless without a firearm; quite the reverse, I see weapons of opportunity all around me, all the time.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Cool

Welcome to the forum.

A Glock 19,23 or 36 in a High Noon Public Secret holster worn in the appendix posistion inside the waistband.

Cold Steel Lawman folding knife clipped to strong side front pocket.

ASP Street Defender pepper spray on my keyring.

I am 65 years old and my hand to hand days are pretty much over so I want the odds stacked in my favor.

OS

photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    click images to enlarge.....
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I carry around my property all I can as I am waiting for my permit in the mail. However I have had to try a few different setups. What seems most comfy is cbst strongside at 4-4:30, with and lc9. S&w442 bug in strong side front pants pocket, cell in weekside front pocket, keys on a carabiner attached to belt loop. The biggest change was moving my wallet from my rear rift to rear left pocket due to location and depth of my iwb holster. Oh and knife in same pocket (clipped) as the 442. Considering changing this last part. Haven't figured out to what. Those tdc's are tempting me though!!!

BigJon

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks, I'm new to both firearms and self-defense... This forum is a great resource for me!

Pretty much the same as I posted toward the end of this thread What do you carry?

G27 IWB or OWB
    Spare Mag
    Flashlight
    Folder
    Keys
    Wallet
    Cell

Glock Certified Armorer

SA XD40 SC in a Pure Kustom "Trooper" Black Ops Pro at about 3:33. Welcome to the DC Forum from Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Moderator
    Chapstick...

Everything else is subject to availability, legalities, risk management and activities of the day.

Mostly Kimber Ultra CDP II in a Crossbreed Super Tuck Delux at 4 to 4:30 or Ruger SP101 in and at the same. Cooler weather I will sometimes switch to a S&W 4006 in a Bianchi shoulder holster as I can wear a thin or heavy coat and it's concealed well.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I carry a.full size 40 S&W, strong side in a super-tuck IWB by crossbreed holsters. This is absolutely the best carry option for Concealed carry I have found. The weight alone of the full-size 40 is fairly heavy. I wear the crossbreed and the 40 EVERY DAY, it has held up it's part of this bargain to say the least. For the $80.00 it was a easy decision.
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can NOT be taken away unless it is surrendered.

Hey guys, I made an EDC video. Thought you might wanna see it.

Last edited by dbla; September 4th, 2011 at 09:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links