My first LEO encounter while packing - Page 3

My first LEO encounter while packing

This is a discussion on My first LEO encounter while packing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My CHL instructor who was a LEO recommended the following statement when you are stopped. Pull over to the right as far as possible, turn ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    My CHL instructor who was a LEO recommended the following statement when you are stopped. Pull over to the right as far as possible, turn on your dome light, roll down your window and put your hands on the wheel at 10 and 2. When the officer comes up you say "Officer for the safety of all concerned I want you to know I am a CHL and I have my handgun in a inside the pants holster on my right hand side. Then the officer can take it from there.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy
    My CHL instructor who was a LEO recommended the following statement when you are stopped. Pull over to the right as far as possible, turn on your dome light, roll down your window and put your hands on the wheel at 10 and 2. When the officer comes up you say "Officer for the safety of all concerned I want you to know I am a CHL and I have my handgun in a inside the pants holster on my right hand side. Then the officer can take it from there.
    That's a pretty good way to approach it, although I would add the practice of already having driver's license, concealed handgun license and proof of insurance in one hand when the officer approaches. That way there's no need to reach for anything. I keep mine where I can grab all 3 without any extra motion.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links