Rate Your Risk of Assault

This is a discussion on Rate Your Risk of Assault within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for the link, very interesting. My personal score came in at -10, which makes me feel good. I think one important point though is ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Rate Your Risk of Assault

Thanks for the link, very interesting. My personal score came in at -10, which makes me feel good. I think one important point though is our obligation to look out for folks in public who may not score as well. I think of my grandparents or parents who definitely would not score well on this test. I stay very alert in public locations, parking lots, malls, etc not just for myself and my wife, but for others as well. I don't mean to imply that I am looking for trouble, certainly not, but I want to be alert and ready for any situation. I am new to the CCW community and to this site. Any feedback or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

17. I got 10 points for using outside ATMs after dark, and 30 points for picking up hitchhikers. Tack on another 5 for driving with my door unlocked, and 2 for frequenting the same gas station.

The ATM i use is in a shopping center where everything is closed after 2000 or so. Maybe 2100. Either way, the parking lot is almost empty on my way to work, and is very well lit, so its easy to keep an eye on whoever may be there. Since the back faces the road, its unlikely that someone will pop out from behind it.

The gas station is simple. Its on the way to work, and its two right turns. One in, one out.

I dont like the hitchhikers thing. Since they arent mentioned elsewhere, I'm assuming folks with disabled cars are lumped into that, and those are more common than hitchhikers in my area, and disabled motorists are +90% of the hitchhikers I pick up.

Its only 5 points, but I dont normally lock my doors when driving. I dont know about all Caprices, but my 9C1's (poilice package) doors wont open from inside when locked. The manual locks dont work either (well, I know how to work them, but most people wouldnt figure it out). So, in the event of an accident, if my battery is damaged or shorted, emergency personell likely wont be able to get me out of the car without some cutting equipment borrowed from the local FD. When I drive, all the doors are locked but mine (it gets unlocked with a key), and when my GF is in the car, they're all unlocked, but they do get locked when I feel it wouldnt be a bad idea (she locks them too). I plan on adding a remote starter (which lowers my score ten points) and keyless entry before winter (I hate a cold car), and if I could ever find the parts, I do plan on fixing my manual locks. My truck can be opened from the inside with the doors locked, and they are locked when I drive it, but at 11mpg, thats not too often since my desperately in need of a tune-up caprice gets about 18. Yes, my badly tuned 4200lb tank capable of ~130mph gets more than 10mpg.
    Last edited by Zach S; August 30th, 2006 at 08:14 PM.

VIP Member
    keydet90, welcome. You came to the right place for feedback and opinions. Toss out a post in the "New Members Introduce Yourself" forum and you will be sure to get some good feedback.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I scored -13, but the part about being armed has only been true for the last month or so...
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Who keeps a lock on their mailbox? All someone is going to get from mine is some coupons.

I got docked for using ATMs after dark. I should tell my supervisor at work that working third shift is putting me more in danger of being assaulted.

Wow! Welcome... fellow sheepdog!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbleshade View Post

Who keeps a lock on their mailbox? All someone is going to get from mine is some coupons.

I got docked for using ATMs after dark. I should tell my supervisor at work that working third shift is putting me more in danger of being assaulted.
    Actually....I keep a lock on my mailbox. Front is open for slot....but to access the actual compartment requires a key. Nobody...no KID is getting my supply of gun magazines! Neither are they getting my income tax refunds....

Post #5...welcome!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Got a low risk 28 score.
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Your total is -12.

I guess it comes from clean living!!

Who keeps a lock on their mailbox?
    I do. But its at the post office. I dont get any mail at home.

-3 for me.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links