Defensive Carry banner

Rate Your Risk of Assault

10K views 129 replies 115 participants last post by  CapnBald 
#1 ·
I thought this might be pertinent:

The following test lets you rate your actual risk of being Assaulted on the Street. This test uses known risk factors taken from executive security courses, police detectives and security consultants.

https://www.rateyourrisk.org.secure.moses.com/beaten.html

My score:

Your total is -19.

(Negative score) A minus score indicates that the criminal would be in danger FROM YOU. The greater the negative score...the greater the danger.

(0 to 50) This score shows a low risk of assault. You are either highly cautious or a poor target. You should not be foolishly overconfident however. Keep up the precautions and take the test again next month and don't fudge on your points.

(51 to 80) This shows that you have a moderate risk of robbery or assault. It would be a good idea to be more cautious and cut out visiting an ATM machine at night. Take a self defense or executive security course. Don't carry so many charge cards.

(More than 80) It would be a good idea to make out a will. Put your portable valuables in a safe deposit box. Think twice before you go nightclubbing or driving. You are obviously having a fun life but to make it through another year it would be advisable to take up jogging, martial arts, firearms and carry a police officer with you when you go out. Carry some cash (25 to 50 dollars) and fewer credit cards.
Josh <><

#2 ·
I scored a -28. Some questions were a little confuseing in their wording but I think I was honest and accurate with each one. Interesting questionair.

#5 ·

Interesting questions... some I wouldn't have thought of.

#7 ·
(0 to 50) This score shows a low risk of assault. You are either highly cautious or a poor target. You should not be foolishly overconfident however. Keep up the precautions and take the test again next month and don't fudge on your points.

Gee, I guess I'm a "high" scorer here with a +1, but I can live with it.

#14 ·
Don't remember the score, but it did say that the bad guys would be at risk from me.

I hope so. I seriously hope so.

#23 ·
37 without a gun, 17 with. Not factored in is that I live in Vermont where many of the people you see in public you know; where most people don't lock their house, nevermind the car; and when you open the door, the kind with glass panes, it's usually a Jehovah's Witness or a Mormon (bless their State of Utah) if it isn't also someone you actually know.

#24 ·
Yes, the questions do seem biased toward urban/inner city areas and a "younger" crowd. I think factoring in other elements, like whether you live in a high crime city vs. low crime rural/small town location, your age (you're more likely to be a victim or involved in an incident if you're under 30 or over 70) and other questions, you'd get a more reliable result. Still, the survey is good food for thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.