Pharmacist sues former employer, Walgreen's

This is a discussion on Pharmacist sues former employer, Walgreen's within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CEOs and board members don't care about safety in their company stores. However, you can bet your bottom dollar they have all the security anyone ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Pharmacist sues former employer, Walgreen's

  1. #31
    Member Array gigamortis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    258
    CEOs and board members don't care about safety in their company stores. However, you can bet your bottom dollar they have all the security anyone could ask for in the corporate headquarters, though.

    Hey, that sounds a lot like Washington, DC! No right to self defense for the serfs surrounding the place, but maximum security for the so called "important" ones inside.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    Member Array sureshot1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    summersville, mo
    Posts
    261
    To bad he missed, now their free to rob someone else !! Many times the compliant victim is murdered, as per past reports.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

  4. #33
    Moderator
    Array Bark'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    9,916
    The pharmacist will most certainly be offered a better job elsewhere. I do hope he wins the lawsuit though.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi


    "The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

  5. #34
    Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Metro DC
    Posts
    958
    My prediction: The bottom line in this case will be that this guy violated his contract with Walgreens, and there is no superseding federal or state law to save the day.

  6. #35
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    43,807
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Ummm.....Safer for WHOM??
    I'll take "Criminals" for $400...
    JoJoGunn and SGT like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  7. #36
    Member Array MountainAir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I switched my prescriptions to Walmart a long time ago. Half the price of Walgreens for the same stuff.
    This is what we have done because of this incident. AND Walmart sells guns & ammo.
    Drop Walgreens a note to let them know why their competition now has your business.

  8. #37
    Ex Member Array rgbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    153
    Stop going to Walgreens...? Nope, can't do that...store is a half block from home and does not mind that I OC inside the store. I'll wager that most food stores and pharmacies in Arizona allow OC in store.

    Don't about the store staff, though.

  9. #38
    Member Array Passa Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northern Va
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    My prediction: The bottom line in this case will be that this guy violated his contract with Walgreens, and there is no superseding federal or state law to save the day.
    My Prediction: Walgreen infringed on the "states rights" of the citizen to defend himself. Since it's a civil suit now, I predict the jury will see things his way and award him a large sum of money. He's seen as a hero by his statesmen.

    I pray that it would lead to a National precedent....but doubtful.
    John 15:13 - Greater love have no man, than he who is willing to lay down his life for a friend. (Let's just pray we BOTH come out alive)

    If the guns kill then pencils misspell words!

  10. #39
    VIP Member Array Eagleks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,411
    I thought it was interesting when I saw this on the news, because right along with this discussion they brought up and showed a report where 4 Walgreens employees were shot and killed because someone came into steal narcotics. And they were pointing out how Walgreens policy sure didn't help them any. I had to applaud the News station for doing that.
    SGT and Bubbiesdad like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

  11. #40
    VIP Member Array 9MMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,309
    I think the employee did what he felt was right and he succeeded.

    However he agreed to his employers policies when he accepted the job and so must accept the consequences.

    I disagree with Walgreen's stance on his actions, but the only way to fight it is to TELL Walgreen's and vote with your wallet.
    Fortune favors the bold.

    Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

    The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

  12. #41
    VIP Member Array Majorlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I think the employee did what he felt was right and he succeeded.

    However he agreed to his employers policies when he accepted the job and so must accept the consequences.

    I disagree with Walgreen's stance on his actions, but the only way to fight it is to TELL Walgreen's and vote with your wallet.
    This is the crux of the issue: he knowingly violated company policy and now he trying to keep from paying the price. I, too, think the policy is wrong, but good policy or bad has no bearing on this case. Walgreen's will win this lawsuit, as they should in this case.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

  13. #42
    Senior Member Array Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I think the employee did what he felt was right and he succeeded.

    However he agreed to his employers policies when he accepted the job and so must accept the consequences.

    I disagree with Walgreen's stance on his actions, but the only way to fight it is to TELL Walgreen's and vote with your wallet.
    Absolutely agree. Sometimes doing the right thing has negative consequences. Walgreen's in effect is arguing that it would be far better if the employee were killed than violate Walgreen's policy. A tough argument from the point of the employee. However, from a technical contract perspective, Walgreen's is right.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

  14. #43
    Member Array gigamortis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    258
    An employer that puts its "self image" ahead of employee safety isn't worth working for anyway. If more of the general workforce thought this way, company "policies" wouldn't be as bad as they are now.

  15. #44
    VIP Member Array Majorlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by gigamortis View Post
    An employer that puts its "self image" ahead of employee safety isn't worth working for anyway. If more of the general workforce thought this way, company "policies" wouldn't be as bad as they are now.
    It's seldom, if ever, about "self-image." It's all about liability and insurance cost. Allowing employees to carry raises insurance rates substantially. I discussed this with a friend in another state and he advised me that his liability premium would triple if he allowed employees to carry on the premises. As much as he wanted to do it, he simply couldn't afford to.

    People tend to forget that when an employer allows an employee to carry, the majority of the time that employer is responsible for the conduct of the employees; said employee shoots someone, even in a righteous shoot, and the company will be named in any civil lawsuit. It only takes one losing such suit to end any future insurance coverage.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

  16. #45
    VIP Member Array 9MMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by gigamortis View Post
    An employer that puts its "self image" ahead of employee safety isn't worth working for anyway. If more of the general workforce thought this way, company "policies" wouldn't be as bad as they are now.
    My guess is that they're more worried about employees accidentally shooting bystanders or even being sued by robber or their relatives.
    Fortune favors the bold.

    Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

    The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

conceal carry pharmacist
,

pharmacist concealed carry

,

pharmacist sues cvs

,
walgreen gun issue
,

walgreens bad employer

,

walgreens being sued

,
walgreens concealed carry
,
walgreens employee concealed carry
,
walgreens getting sued
,
walgreens gun case
,
what pharmacists carry concealed
,
why walgreens is a lousy employer
Click on a term to search for related topics.