what is your suggestion for a concealed carry gun

This is a discussion on what is your suggestion for a concealed carry gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd go back to one of the original suggestions of a Glock-19...forget the laser. Plenty of ammo, a smooth shooter, and it sounds like you ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: what is your suggestion for a concealed carry gun

I'd go back to one of the original suggestions of a Glock-19...forget the laser.
    Plenty of ammo, a smooth shooter, and it sounds like you can handle the mag/slide.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

leok, what range are you going to?

I'd recommend one of the stores around us ( I'm in Shaker Heights, not exactly close, but it makes us near-spitting-distance, when it comes to the Internet's reach ) that has a large selection of rentals, so that you can give as many of them a try as you possibly can.

I don't know if Pro Armament in Cuyahoga Falls is accessible for you, as their range is in the basement. Atwell's has always been very nice to newcomers, but I don't know about their rental selection. Stonewall has a large rental selection, and I *think* that their facility should be accessible for you, but am not totally sure.

Given your physical considerations, I'd really advise you to try as many as you can, before you buy - and also plan for considerations of how-to-carry/conceal, malfunction drills and reloads, and also to give special attention to the natural pointability of the weapon, in your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by TSiWRX View Post
    leok, what range are you going to? .
    Atwell's is been one of the places along with a gun shop an range on mentor ave. near 306 I think

^ Cool.

I truly believe that getting a pistol that you can really run and can shoot well is an important part of the equation - that will give you the confidence you need so that you can free up your mind/body in training sessions.

I'm new to "the gun world," but I firmly believe that, in the end, it's about what fits the individual best. You've got some special considerations that will merit very unique solutions - perhaps even actual gunsmithing/modifications to the firearm.

Another question: have you been able to locate any specialized trainers in our area, who may be able to help?

If not, PM threetango - he runs a school in our area: I'm sure that he'll help if he can, or, if he cannot, that he will try to find someone who has the skills to do it.

Oh, .and with Stonewall, I forgot to mention...avoid "Happy Hour," and you'll be all-right. It should be pretty calm in there most weekdays now, in the morning and early afternoons, particularly on nice days when everyone wants to shoot outside.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I would recommend the Glock 19 or the 26. I carry the Glock 26 and it is the perfect size and weight for me, very easy to conceal also. All I wear here in FL in the summer is T-shirts and cargo shorts (while not at work of course) and the G26 just disappears. I have owned and traded many guns before I settled on the G26.

I had a gun with a laser once and did not like it.

I feel that you would be better off with a revolver something like a Ruger SP101, 5 shot .38 Special. Great gun, easy to shoot and handle, built like a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam42 View Post
    I feel that you would be better off with a revolver something like a Ruger SP101, 5 shot .38 Special. Great gun, easy to shoot and handle, built like a tank.
    Now there's a great suggestion...what a tank!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

J frame , or .380

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links