OH/LA Sign Agreement. MI/Maine have Agreement in Works. New Mexico

This is a discussion on OH/LA Sign Agreement. MI/Maine have Agreement in Works. New Mexico within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ohio and Louisiana have signed a Reciprocity agreement. This brings to 21 the number of states Ohio has signed with. 36 for Louisiana. I am ...

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Ohio and Louisiana have signed a Reciprocity agreement. This brings to 21 the number of states Ohio has signed with. 36 for Louisiana.

I am hearing from reliable sources that Michigan and Maine have an agreement in the works.

As for the state of New Mexico they have been saying for the last 18 months they are working on agreements with the 18 states they honor on an informal basis. In the mean time they have signed an agreement with Arkansas (I have a copy of that agreement) and Arkansas was not one of the 18 states they honored informally. There is no word of this agreement on the New Mexico DPS page but Arkansas now list New Mexico as a state they have a signed agreement with. I am wondering if NM will ever update their website with the agreements they have actually signed. Many of the states they have they informally honor will sign with any state that honors their permit/license so in the past 18 months they should have signed with some of those states.

I have just gone through every page at Handgunlaw.us and have checked every link. There are over 1000 links on the state pages. 30 to 40 were broken with most of these being states that move pages when they update them or have moved their statutes. I ask your assistance in checking your state page and if there are ever any broken links to click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the main page at Handgunlaw.us and let us know so we can repair them. I find it very frustrating when I try to follow a link on a website and it doesn't work.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

VIP Member
    As always Gary, great job of keeping us up to date!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Thank you sir for the hard work.

Yeah.......Thank you Ohio and Louisiana!!!!

VIP Member
    Thanks for the update. The Ohio AG has updated his list on-line as well. Not that I doubted you, but I also wear a belt and suspenders.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Thanks for the update Gary. As usual a great job.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Yes, thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update, Gary. You da man!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I live in Arkansas and applaud your efforts to impart this knowledge to us!

Thank you, Gary, for keeping us informed with your update. It is appreciated.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Links