Gotta another one...

Gotta another one...

This is a discussion on Gotta another one... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My brother just called me and said that he was going to the Police Station to get his permit ASAP. My brother drives a somewhat ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gotta another one...

My brother just called me and said that he was going to the Police Station to get his permit ASAP. My brother drives a somewhat rare car. He drives 1997 Supra and he gets alot of attention. Moreover, he lives in a city where he has no family and the attention peaked last night. A co-worker told him that a pick up truck had been parked next to his car for a while. Well, that car remained there with drive until he got off work. The Guy immediately began to interview him telling him where he lived and how nice the car was. My brothers exact words were big bro..this was trigger for me to get a pistol. I tell ya, before it's over we all realize that we must protect ourselves. The car is not important but the life is.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I've got a similar problem. I have a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege. The car grabs a lot of attention and I race it to boot. A lot of people will tell me they had seen my car parked a certain place. I have found notes on my car before, too.

I have often questioned whether pulling the trigger is worth my car. I once ran outside in sweats after noticing a guy kneeling next to my car (he was trying to steal my rims). I ran out with my H&K, he saw me (or my gun) and ran like hell. Never had another problem after that, but I've also moved since then.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Yeah, my rare vehicle worries me sometimes too. I'll protect that 2004 Ford Ranger Edge no matter what!

GET OUTTA MY JEEP! BANG! lol...no I dont think even my beloved Jeep is worth killing someone oever...not my house defending myself in court...
    Brad B.

For my hyundai...... I wouldn't even bother but what's inside that's another story
    It comes a time in your life when you run across someone you should have never @#$$% with. Allow me to introduce myself!

yes...If kiddos are in it, its go time..
    Brad B.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    well my 1994 ford tempo is probably not going to draw to much attention except the blue smoke coming out of the tailpipe.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy
    well my 1994 ford tempo is probably not going to draw to much attention except the blue smoke coming out of the tailpipe.
    try eating less beans....
    Brad B.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

i get a lot of converstations at stop lights. my car isn't rare. but around these parts, it stands out. i'm always glad that i'm able to protect myself because, while some of the people in the next lane are nice, some are just freakin wierd.

No one bloody sees my burgundy 1992 Astro...I usually wind up hitting them as they turn left in front of me! I KNOW no one's gonna steal that beast!!!!

Blue smoke...nope... But I got a little white. Does that mean I've been eating white beens? LOL LOL LOL LOL

Michael
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    We never know were evil may be lurking. Glad to here your Bro is taking the steps necessary to be safe.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    Yes, things that stand out do attract attention. The attention is usually good, appreciative attention.
    Sometimes the attention can be the wrong type and so it's best to be prepared for that.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    If you and/or your family is in it,then protect it. If not,let it go.

Pretty simple for me.-------

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    No one would want my ride ('95 Toyota Tacoma).

Whether or not I would shoot to foil someone's bad intentions regarding it depends on the situation.

If my wife or kids are in it and someone tries to carjack it, there's going to be a gunfight.

If it's just me, it depends. Anyone who comes up to my window and bashes it in while I am sitting there is going to get shot. I'm not taking the word of anyone who steals my truck that they don't intend to kill me.

If, however, things happen so fast that I am on my butt on the pavement as the truck drives off with the BG in it, he can have it- provided he can figure out how to work that gearshift- - it started misbehaving a little after 150,000 miles....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links