Traffic Accident While Carrying - Page 2

Traffic Accident While Carrying

This is a discussion on Traffic Accident While Carrying within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry, folks, I didn't see it as sarcasm....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Traffic Accident While Carrying

Sorry, folks, I didn't see it as sarcasm.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

LOL! What post # 2 didn't shed some light on it...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I'm sorry for the confusion. My point was that by not telling them that I was carrying I wasn't treated any differently than those who don't carry. The officers didn't feel they had to disarm me for their safety or subject me to any extra scrutiny which can, in some cases be very uncomfortable as well as inconvenient.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    Good grief folks, the story is well written nuanced sarcasm. Yes, his assumtions are valid, and very funny. It does not matter what they responders think because the OP was smart enough to not find out what the responders think regarding ccw.
    You know, it was kind of well written and I thought it was funny. However, I never knew I was smart enough to create "nuanced sarcasm". The truck stopped with a jerk and I got out!

Here in Ioway, LE is being trained to ask now... Are you armed today sir/ma'am?

In the event I'm asked by LE, I will inform. In fact, if they are asking for DL, Reg, and POI, I will be handing them the PCW as well.

We'll see how that goes... I anticipate no difficulties.. but you never know.

Glad it all went well for you, Ratman...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Well, I gotta give kuddos to my local PD. I was involved in an accident while I was carrying, a weird one as I was front-ended by a teen who decided to back out of an intersection when the light changed. Only problem was I was there and had cars behind me.

Anyway, the local PD rolls up and I provide them with my DL, registration, insurance card and CHL with the CHL on top. Ohio is a must notify state. Cop looks at the CHL, asks if I am carrying and I informed him I was at 4:00. He hands the CHL back and proceeds about his business with the accident. That was it, no big deal. He assessed the risk as minimal, which it was, and carried on. I took the time to e-mail the Chief to let him know about the event and that I was pleased with how it was handled.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

No Harm, No Foul ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by ratman57 View Post
    I'm sorry for the confusion. My point was that by not telling them that I was carrying I wasn't treated any differently than those who don't carry. The officers didn't feel they had to disarm me for their safety or subject me to any extra scrutiny which can, in some cases be very uncomfortable as well as inconvenient.
    :Snip:
    Wait a durn minute here! You're telling me that not notifying the officer you are in legal possession of a weapon does not put him in grave danger? That not notifying doesn't make you more likely to suddenly open fire on the officer and everyone else in the area?
    Hogwash I say!

Michael

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Glad everything turned out ok with the accident.

Here in Florida there is no obligation to inform. Basically because the LEO will know you have a lisence as soon as he runs your tag through his/her computer.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    glad to know your ok
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links