Some people have just given up trying to conceal!

This is a discussion on Some people have just given up trying to conceal! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "Concealed" is a relative term, depending one one's state statutes and personal opinion. Sometimes its easier to mind one's own business....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Some people have just given up trying to conceal!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "Concealed" is a relative term, depending one one's state statutes and personal opinion. Sometimes its easier to mind one's own business.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    How much you wanna bet that no one else noticed though...
    This is true. Only gun people will notice. Everyone else will think it is a cell phone, or end of the belt sticking out, etc.

VIP Member
    Cool, he had a spare magazine. Smart.
    RETSUPT99 likes this.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Open carry is legal and not uncommon her in AZ, but I prefer to carry concealed most of the time. But I'm not ultra-fastidious about wearing a loose shirt that doesn't prevent printing when I'm out on short, local errands. No one seems to notice, and I've got an AZ CCW... no worries here.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Open carry is legal and not uncommon her in AZ, but I prefer to carry concealed most of the time. But I'm not ultra-fastidious about wearing a loose shirt that doesn't prevent printing when I'm out on short, local errands. No one seems to notice, and I've got an AZ CCW... no worries here.

I think we are spoiled. We commonly see OC in AZ, and I have never seen anyone appear to be alarmed. I too carry concealed but do not worry about printing.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Nicely played! Almost missed the joke. :)
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Cool, he had a spare magazine. Smart.
    Yep, smart guy...well-prepared!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I conceal to give those who are offended the opportunity to make an excuse of not seeing it.
    Most people who have a problem with firearms don't want to see one so they blank it out if
    you give them that option. "Did that guy have a gun? Nah, I'm just imagining things"

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Duh!

My reading comprehension is lacking this evening. I actually read the part about the full-length mirror & taking the shirt out of his rotation, but didn't get it until reading livewire & Big Dub's follow-ups before the head slap came...
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    Duh!

My reading comprehension is lacking this evening. I actually read the part about the full-length mirror & taking the shirt out of his rotation, but didn't get it until reading livewire & Big Dub's follow-ups before the head slap came...
    Well done :)

Not that I care too much, but I had to buy a new jacket last year. I really like OWB beltslides in the winter. But the front site was playing peek a boo with my old standby jacket. I carry both OC and CC. But I'm going to either go all out OC or cover it up and CC. Not looking to go half and half.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I always carry my SR9c in a Fobus OWB holster. I always have a untucked T-shirt over it and when it is a little colder day, a loose unbuttoned outer shirt over the T-shirt. In the warmer months, I just wear the T-shirt. It prints noticeably. If I look into a mirror, I can clearly see the grip impression.

What gets me is that so very few people seem to notice or even care. I think most other people are so wrapped up in their own doings that they just don't see what other people are doing. I have been spotted as an armed guy a very few times. Almost always by other guys who appear to be carrying too and usually when sitting and the shirt rides up a bit. Usually I just get a friendly nod from them. So far, never had a problem in a store or restaurant at all.

I do look for no-guns postings when entering some business. If there is a no-guns posting, I just leave. Apparently they don't need my business, and I have no interest in alarming anybody or trespassing.

I'm always amazed how so few people have any idea of what is going on around them.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    Duh!

Shoulda had a V8!
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

VIP Member
    Ever since Arizona went to ‘constitutional carry’ thereby dismissing the ‘I am special’ mentality, few seem to really care if they see a gun or not. Imagine if this were the case across the land whereby the only people wetting their pants would be from the west coast.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I usually don't sweat a little printing. Of course, me being the skinny guy that I am, I can conceal a full size pistol in just about any position I choose with minimal printing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links