Some people have just given up trying to conceal!

This is a discussion on Some people have just given up trying to conceal! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had been to the range yesterday and since I was out running a few errands this afternoon, I decided to stop at Wal-Mart and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Some people have just given up trying to conceal!

VIP Member

Some people have just given up trying to conceal!

I had been to the range yesterday and since I was out running a few errands this afternoon, I decided to stop at Wal-Mart and restock on some ammunition. Since I was there anyways I thought Iíd stroll down the aisles and see if there was anything there I just couldnít live without.

As I was walking through the menís department, I noticed this guy. He was printing so obviously, I was surprised there hadnít already been a MWG call. He didnít look like a thug or anything. He just looked like a guy out shopping on a Sunday afternoon. He was wearing jeans with a t-shirt and an un-tucked button-down shirt over it.

The problem was that just standing there I could tell there was an obvious magazine on his belt on one side and a VERY noticeable protrusion on the other side. You could actually see the shape of the grip and slide. Now, I am not usually one to worry about how well I conceal. But this was ridiculous! As I looked a little more closely I could even see the bottom of his OWB holster peeking out of the bottom of his cover shirt. Sloppy! I mean really, if you are going to be that lazy about it, just open carry. Itís legal in Michigan. This guy just didnít seem to care about it at all.

I just shook my head in disgust, turned away from the full length mirror, and vowed to take that shirt out of the cover garment rotation.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

2. Remove Ads

C'est la vie.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Ok, now that was funny.

There are times I just cover as a token act... a t-shirt that's not loose enough to prevent printing unless I hold it out. Usually it's just a quick trip to the store or a walk at night where it's not going to be light enough to tell anyway.

If I'm going anywhere that I'll have a lot of interaction, I take more care usually, but sometimes it just doesn't matter. Of course, if I'd get rid of my squishy front end, then my shirts wouldn't be so tight...

There is good news in there somewhere.

My personal take is that being personally armed with a handgun is becoming more and more accepted in almost every corner of the USA. Of course some jurisdictions are more gun friendly than others. I don't know if I'm a typical West Virginian or not but I'm not bothered by seeing someone "print" in public. I'm just thankful they are armed.
    sgb likes this.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

How much you wanna bet that no one else noticed though...
    jem102 likes this.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    That is funny, you and we notice, the general public does not, nor do they care to notice. Again, funny story, thanks.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    YA GOT ME !!!

I wonder sometimes "does anyone really notice"?

What a rube! What a Maroooon!

I certainly admire your level-headed restraint in dealing with this cretin! He's the kind that gives us all a bad name!

Oh....
    Wait...

Carry on! Good job!
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Senior Moderator
    Really...who cares?

It's legal to carry open or concealed. So he was carrying concealed although he could have done better...either way....no harm, no foul.

Feel better now?
    ASSA9, GoBigOrange and atctimmy like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I disagree, printing is not illegal and open carry is legal. The law does not say the weapon cannot be noticeable to the public. He was doing nothing illegal and it is your personal preference to deeply conceal. Now I conceal mine as well as I can and do not support the way the individual you are describing was carrying but he's allowed to print. So carry on with your own business.

I play that game on Saturdays while shopping at Bass Pro and Cabelas. Caught three printing yesterday! For some of these poor guys, they just don't make shirts large enough...

=D

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_the_man View Post
    I disagree, printing is not illegal and open carry is legal. The law does not say the weapon cannot be noticeable to the public. He was doing nothing illegal and it is your personal preference to deeply conceal. Now I conceal mine as well as I can and do not support the way the individual you are describing was carrying but he's allowed to print. So carry on with your own business.
    You know how I know you didn't read the end of his story

I hate to have to help out the density-challenged among us but ummmmm, he was talking about himself...read all the way thru next time with some reading comprehension...geez!!!
    natimage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    There is good news in there somewhere.

My personal take is that being personally armed with a handgun is becoming more and more accepted in almost every corner of the USA. Of course some jurisdictions are more gun friendly than others. I don't know if I'm a typical West Virginian or not but I'm not bothered by seeing someone "print" in public. I'm just thankful they are armed.
    Ditto - and I am originally from West Virginia, Princeton to be exact.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    You know how I know you didn't read the end of his story
    Ok ok fair enough, guilty as charged. I read until he said he turned away in disgust, which was pretty much the end of it. Figured the rest was just what he did after judging the guy. But what I said still applies, who cares its not illegal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links