Had something funny happen to happen to me today.

This is a discussion on Had something funny happen to happen to me today. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well my wife and I went shopping for a new car seat for our 9 month old. we went to babies r us and went ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Had something funny happen to happen to me today.

Well my wife and I went shopping for a new car seat for our 9 month old. we went to babies r us and went end every thing fine. I was carrying at the time. Well we check out and I went and was installing the new car seat in the car and we had parked on the front row. Right in front of the windows and my wife was helping me get it set up. I had my gun on about the 4:00 spot. And some time in the all the install my shirt had pull up over my gun so my gun just just out in the open. And I did not know it at the time. Until after I was done. The funny part was I had a foreign couple that I had park next to come out why I was installing the seat and walk right by me never say a word and I know they had to of seen it. And they just went on doing there thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Most people have such tunnel vision that unless something bumps them on the nose they will never notice it. One of the main reasons OC is seldom noticed.
    BugDude, mr.stuart, afojc and 2 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

FWIW, your money and your choice. But Babies R us and Toys R us are both very anti carry on a corporate level. I bet the store was posted. They are about the only 2 stores in my town posted against carry. I have not been back to either since they posted.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I had a similiar case the other day while shopping for some clothes at the mall. I usually wear several layers to conceal. My friend was trying stuff on and asked me to go see if they had a different size, so I went over to the rack and bent down. As I was looking for the right size I turned around and a forgein guy was just staring at me. I guess when I bent down it was popping out. He just walked off and we both went on our way. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    FWIW, your money and your choice. But Babies R us and Toys R us are both very anti carry on a corporate level. I bet the store was posted. They are about the only 2 stores in my town posted against carry. I have not been back to either since they posted.
    That funny you say that. But no their is not a sign on the doors. That says you can't carry in their.

Last edited by JDlewis; September 13th, 2011 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringXDsub View Post
    I had a similiar case the other day while shopping for some clothes at the mall. I usually wear several layers to conceal. My friend was trying stuff on and asked me to go see if they had a different size, so I went over to the rack and bent down. As I was looking for the right size I turned around and a forgein guy was just staring at me. I guess when I bent down it was popping out. He just walked off and we both went on our way. Oops.
    Lol I don't think they even have a clue.

I'll say it again. If anyone REALLY wants to conceal, the best holster is Smart Carry.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    If I were walking along the street or anywhere in a state that only allows CC and I see someone, for whatever reason, in a position or even just walking, who is oblivious of the fact that their firearm is exposed due to whatever reason, I doubt if I would just walk over and tell them. I do not know them, I do not know if they are nuts, even if they are installing a baby car seat, and, if anything, I might make a suggestion to an LEO if one should pass by.

VIP Member
    Depending on your actions, the reactions of others’ will be different. Clearly, a man and woman installing a baby seat isn’t all that intimidating.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

One potential idea that may cross someone's mind when seeing that is that the exposed CC'er is just an undercover LEO. A very rudimentary thought process is "guy with gun who doesn't look threatening = good guy LEO . . . guy with gun who looks shady = cause for concern." I know it's hard to believe within the context of the CC community, but a random civilian carrying a firearm just to run errands around town is a foreign concept to the vast majority of folks out there.
    Inspector71 and afojc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMia View Post
    One potential idea that may cross someone's mind when seeing that is that the exposed CC'er is just an undercover LEO. A very rudimentary thought process is "guy with gun who doesn't look threatening = good guy LEO . . . guy with gun who looks shady = cause for concern." I know it's hard to believe within the context of the CC community, but a random civilian carrying a firearm just to run errands around town is a foreign concept to the vast majority of folks out there.
    Well you have a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    I'll say it again. If anyone REALLY wants to conceal, the best holster is Smart Carry.
    I have one - a great concealing holster. All I have to do is reach past my belt buckle and down into my pants when I want to draw.

I still carry with it when deep concealment is the top priority, but it's not the most effective solution.

VIP Member
    Yuo must have had an unstated point.

Maybe they thought they were in the wild wild west.

The other day I had on my gun in my Galco King Tuck holster, but didn't have a cover shirt. The butt of the gun was exposed. I went out (OC is legal in my state anyways) just to see what would happen. Nothing, nada, zip. I felt naked, like I was doing something very wrong, but the people all around didn't share that view point. Will I ever openly OC, no, but an accidental printing or showing will likely go unnoticed.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post

Big time ANTI-GUN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They suck
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links