Why do you carry? (A serious discussion) - Page 3

Why do you carry? (A serious discussion)

This is a discussion on Why do you carry? (A serious discussion) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry because 80% of the American population is mentally unstable, and the other 20% are down right bat poop crazy....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 109
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Why do you carry? (A serious discussion)

  1. #31
    VIP Member Array zonker1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,607
    I carry because 80% of the American population is mentally unstable, and the other 20% are down right bat poop crazy.
    Dadsnugun and Chief1297 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.


  2. #32
    Senior Member Array tclance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    CSRA, GA
    Posts
    1,052
    I have owned and have been around firearms all my life. However I have just recently obtained my c/c permit. The main reasons are the same as everyone else has already stated. Another reason is that times have changed! You have to change with the times. Its just not the same anymore. You MUST be prepared to defend your family and yourself at all times.

  3. #33
    Member Array KevinB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Washington County, Minnesota
    Posts
    27
    Have you personally ever been threatened with violence? No

    Are you the victim of a violent attack? No

    Do you carry simply because it makes you feel macho? Definitely not

    Do you doubt the ability of police to protect you from crime? Not at all.

    If you carry openly, do you use a simple belt holster or wear your pistol in a tactical thigh rig? I never OC - I prefer to fly under the radar.

    Do you make it a point to show people you carry a firearm, or do you feel it is none of their business if you are armed? None of their business.

    Do you believe there should be no restrictions, few restrictions (i.e. jails, mental facilities, courtrooms, public buildings, public schools and/or hospitals) or widespread restrictions (including sports stadiums, taverns and cocktail lounges, restaurants, public parks) on where you can legally carry? Few.
    Hopyard likes this.

  4. #34
    Member Array bobw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    nassau ny
    Posts
    20
    as others have said I carry to protect myself and my family and because it is my right to do so



    kahr cw9
    glock 19 g4
    ruger mini 14

  5. #35
    Member Array redbeardsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Athens, Georgia
    Posts
    368
    Five years ago I never would have imagined I would carry a gun. Two years ago I got married, and, immediately, a protector instinct kicked in, and I started looking for ways to protect my wife and myself. I decided a gun, training and practice, is the best answer.

  6. #36
    Member Array natimage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    126
    I haven't yet (Being a Wisconsinite, will ASAP)...but I will because I work too hard to stay healthy by taking care of my body to let someone else decide when it's time for me to die...that's up to God, not some thug because he wants the $5 in my wallet. I want to protect my wife even more so. Not to mention, the training itself is a whole lot of fun! Whether it's a dog, bear or masked bandit...I want to know I can protect myself and my family.
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

    Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

  7. #37
    VIP Member Array First Sgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florence, SC
    Posts
    7,967
    I carry a gun NOT because I'm looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. I'm looking for my loved ones to be left alone. If I, or my loved ones, are to be the potential victim(s) in a violent encounter, then I have chosen to train and prepare, to not only level the playing field when it comes to my/our survival, but to INSURE, to the best of my ability, my/our survival. I may not always be able to choose the circumstances, place, or time of my death, but by being prepared for potential life ending situations, it gives me the opportunity to take control of my actions which could preclude my demise if I perform up to and above what I have trained to meet.

    My signature line further reflects my thoughts on why I carry a weapon.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

  8. #38
    Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    1,478
    I carry and am trained in how to fight because I want to be the one deciding if I get into a fight, and I do not want to die cowering in the back of a convenience store. I hope never to have to use my firearm and will do my utmost to resolve the situation by evading and escaping while covering my partner. However, as peaceful and nonviolent as I am you do not EVER want to threaten my partner because if you do, I will rip off your head, or worse (lol).

  9. #39
    Senior Member Array Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    625
    I carry, when legally permissible, (I live in illinois), not because I particularly want to or like to, or feel that I must carry to demonstrate a God given right type argument. I carry because I am both morally and legally responsible for my own defense and protection. Virtually every court that has ever looked at the issue has made it abundantly clear that it is not the job of the police to protect the individual. And nor should it be. The individual is first and foremost responsible for his or her own personal protection and defense, like it or not. Thus as a responsible citizen, and knowing something about the law, I carry because it is the responsible thing to do.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

  10. #40
    Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    MichiGUN
    Posts
    951
    I grew up in a city where/when racial divisiveness was the norm, i.e. 60's/70's. Today, violent crime and criminals who inhabit the city and surrounding suburbs are a much bigger problem than racial tension ever was. Therefore, in order to better ensure the safety of my family and myself, and not be an easy victim/target, I made the (soul-seached) decision to be armed on my person and in my home.

    If/when a bad guy does decide to pick me as his victim and my options are fight or flight, I will choose flight, if at all possible. But, if I have no other recourse other than to fight, I will fight with as much overwhelming force and commitment that I can muster.
    Quicksabre likes this.

  11. #41
    VIP Member Array Majorlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I carry because 80% of the American population is mentally unstable, and the other 20% are down right bat poop crazy.
    An astute observation. <g>
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

  12. #42
    Member Array MadDawg34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    43
    I carry because the world we live in is not getting "nicer" and Biblical truth tells us its only gonna get worse. I am not afraid of death, no one will ever threaten me with Heaven, however, I will not be a statistic because I was ill-prepared, and even more-so, I will not allow my wife or my children to become one. The law has given me an opportunity to prepare for the "what ifs" when it comes to my personal safety and IMO we are being irresponsible law abiding citizens if we don't take advantage of this protective right. Every day I load up and walk out the door, I am ferverantly praying that I have absolutely no need for it, but if the time comes, I don't want to tell my family "I could've, I should've."

  13. #43
    Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,423
    Why do I carry a gun?

    here you go.


    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

  14. #44
    Senior Member
    Array DaveWorkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    611

    Follow-up, with gratitude

    Armed citizens say personal safety is a personal responsibility

    Armed citizens say personal safety is a personal responsibility - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

  15. #45
    Member Array afojc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    254
    Since I live in the boonies, LEOs are about an hour away and while I don't doubt their devotion to duty, they are still an hour away, plenty of time for a BG to pretty much do what he wants and then some, The second amendment gives me the right to own a firearm, the state of Pa gives me the right to carry it, open or concealed if I choose, God gave me the responsibility as a husband and a father to defend those whom he placed in my care.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

answers to why do you carry a gun
,

bodyguard 380

,
bpconcealfan
,
forum why do you carry a gun?
,
how many people conceal carry
,
tcon67
,
why do good people feel funny when they first start carrying a conceal hand gun
,
why do people carry change
,
why do you carry
,

why i carry a gun poem

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors