Why do you carry? (A serious discussion)

This is a discussion on Why do you carry? (A serious discussion) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I used to work in a Psych hospital and a county jail. That really opens your eyes to what's out there everywhere...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Why do you carry? (A serious discussion)

I used to work in a Psych hospital and a county jail. That really opens your eyes to what's out there everywhere

2. Remove Ads

With all the crime today and Gang actives we have one or two shootings a week where i live and i don't want to be counted as being shot plus to protect my family. The way the country is going down the tube we don't know what is going to happen next.
    Jerry

NRA Life Member

I carry because 3 years ago i was at a gas station at 12:30am on the way home from work and some druggie tried sticking me up with a knife...thank god i had a gun on me and had the witts about me to pull it..as soon as he was staring down the "business end" of my Glock 23 he turned and ran...ever since then i've carried everyday..hope this helps

I carry a gun (and other helpful tools) because expecting someone else to take responsibility for your well-being can be fatal.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Because of my past employment, now retired, I was exposed to some people who had voiced an opinon that they would like to do me and mine harm.

Also now living in an area considered to be a portal of illegals and drug runners, some of which will try and obtain goods that others have worked for as they pass through, or take an objection to you if they beleive you could hinder their progress. Notice I stated 'could' not 'would'.

The local response time in our area is normally over 45 minutes or more late at night.

I carry because it is my duty to protect the ones I love.
    My member name and avatar is in Honor of my Father who flew with the 801st 492nd Bombgroup
    856th Bombsquad out of Pickenham and Harrington, England. (Bottom row far left.) Flew his 30 Missions and made it home.

I'm a retired restaurant owner for about a year now. I decided about 2 years ago to take on the responsibility of "concealed carry" when a good friend and business owner (1 block away) was robbed, shot in the head and left to die. This was done in broad daylight, on a Friday afternoon on "the" busiest road in our town. I began to carry to protect myself, and my loyal employees and customers. A home invasion, about a month later in same neighbor, left yet another man dead. Neither killer was ever prosecuted. I pray I will never need to remove my CC from my holster! Thank's for allowing me to contribute, Bob.

I'm a retired restaurant owner for about a year now. I decided about 2 years ago to take on the responsibility of "concealed carry" when a good friend and business owner (1 block away) was robbed, shot in the head and left to die. This was done in broad daylight, on a Friday afternoon on "the" busiest road in our town. I began to carry to protect myself, and my loyal employees and customers. A home invasion, about a month later in same neighbor, left yet another man dead. Neither killer was ever prosecuted. I pray I will never need to remove my CC from my holster! Thank's for allowing me to contribute, Bob.

1. I carry a gun because I don't want to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared to defend the life of my loved ones.

2. A cop is to heavy to carry around with me...
    I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
    myself for failing to be prepared.

Thank's Gene 23, I needed that reminder!

VIP Member
    I carry because personal protection is not the responsibility of the police. They show up to take pictures, put a chalk line around your body and collect evidence. Personal protection is YOUR responsibility!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Only you and your family can protect one another when assaulted.
    Mayhem is getting much worse, not better.
    Just turn on the news!

I carry and keep and extra gun in car safe, because as you get older especially past 70 you become a mark and need to be able to protect you and your family. I have been married 51 years to a wonderful woman and as home invasions increase I don't want her hurt. She is a lovely person and I want her to stay that way.
    9MMare, baren and scgunlover1 like this.

I carry because I believe in personal/individual responsibility. My family is worth protecting, and they feel the same about me.

I carry for the same reason I keep fire extinguishers at home and in my vehicle(s), and for the same reason I wear seatbelts when in a vehicle. These devices help to preserve life and I would be foolish to not utilize what is available to help me do just that for myself and my loved ones.

I carry not because of the odds... but because of the stakes!

Sent from my DROIDX
    Life is NOT like a box or chocolates. It's like a jar of jalapenos... what you do today can burn your butt tomorrow.

Why be armed? Because it's not the odds... it's the stakes

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links