Why do you carry? (A serious discussion)

This is a discussion on Why do you carry? (A serious discussion) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm 76 yoa and too old to run, my life and the life of my family are to precious to me not to carry....

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Why do you carry? (A serious discussion)

I'm 76 yoa and too old to run, my life and the life of my family are to precious to me not to carry.
    ironmike86 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I carry for the same reason that (when applicable) I wear a seatbelt and motorcycle helmet. If you're not wearing them when you suddenly need them, then it's too late.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    "aworldexport" Good post--WELCOME to the forum--stick around, lots of GOOD folks here with real-world experience to learn from!!!
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

I read this story awhile back of a woman who was stabbed to death by some guy in broad daylight, in the middle of the street. As she was being stabbed a crowd started to form but they just watched. No one went in their house to grab a bat or call for help...nothing.

This lady died to an audience...the story brought me to tears. I don't know about the the majority of other people but I will NEVER be in that situation and not willingly risk my life for the sake of another.

The 20k rounds a ran through my gun, hundreds of hours I logged in practicing my draw, dry fire drills, trigger pull, grip, stance, and reloads give me the unfair advantage and lower my chance of dying in the process of helping someone else.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links