After how long do you tell someone?

This is a discussion on After how long do you tell someone? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Also don't break up with her when she has your sidearm in her hand(s). You may have a very unpleasant night....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: After how long do you tell someone?

Also don't break up with her when she has your sidearm in her hand(s). You may have a very unpleasant night.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

2. Remove Ads

IMO, most people do not know how to process the gun carry thing instantly. I think she needs to judge you by your behavoir before she knows so that she can see that your carrying was not an issue. I would not bring it up for at least five dates unless she asks.

You might be real carefull to not let her find out on her own early, she may consider it withholding important information.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringXDsub View Post
    Hey all,
    I am a younger male and have been doing the "dating scene" a lot lately. So that has got me thinking a little bit. It may be a silly question, but I want to hear your opinions. At what point would you tell the person your dating you carry? I mean, obviously you don't introduce yourself and say "Hi, im ---, i carry". But on the other end if you wait for to long it could cause some issues too. So, this is more of a conversation question, but at what point do you/have you/would you tell your person your seeing you carry?

Thanks!
    -Nick.
    IMHO, If you need to ask strangers this you are still to young to be dating. :)
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post

Definately before ya'll get too huggy and frisky. You don't want tog et to 2nd base and get thrown out at third.

I've found it has the opposite effect.

Looks like I'm a little late here, but... The first "date" I ever took my girlfriend to was a friends property where we shot clays, pistols, rifles, and exploding tannerite. It was a blast.

Our first "dinner" date was sushi.

She's a keeper.

most of my CLOSE freinds know i carry, and my current girlfreind i have known for a few years now and she enjoys going shooting with me and knows i carry and actually feels safer when im around because of it... but one day shooting before i got my CCW i mentioned i was going to apply for it in a few days and a few weeks later she asked if i got it...

DV8R,
    I am just asking opinions and wanted to create this as a conversation piece also. I know how relationships work :P. I just was curious because like many said, if you are dating for a month or 2 and than tell her I could see her getting uncomfortable because you were carrying a weapon without her knowing. But than again, on the first or second date is to soon. I appreciate all the comments though. It has been fun reading them!

Ask her if she ever shot a gun before ? If she says no, take her to the range. Once at the range she'll find out ! if she likes to shoot she won't have a problem with you carring. Make a date out of it. My ex-wife, when we were dating and I first turned 21, I told her I want to get a gun. She was afraid at first, but after trying it and learning about gun safety, she liked it. In fact her favorite to shoot was a S&W model 66, 4 inch BBL 357 Magnum ! Could never get her to like the 44 Mag though ! With my second wife it was the same. She was deathly afraid of them. Well after educating her and letting her handle various guns, I finally got her to shoot a .380 ! She now wants a gun but isn't sure exactly what kind ? Im trying to get her to go with a 9mm like a Walther PPS or Taurus Slim, not too small, not to big.
    Maybe even a k-frame snubby or Ruger SP-101 ? She has corpal tunnel so the 357 is out of the question ! Women are easier to sway than men with certain things . Both womens attitude was neutral towrd guns. They weren't against them, they just didn't like them for themselves. With some teaching and making learning and shooting fun {Which it is} they both became believers !

Outlaw Guns and Only Outlaws Will Have Guns !!

VIP Member
    Lawfully carrying a concealed handgun is neither a crime, not a sin. Why do so many feel so compelled to confess anyway?

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Growing up in LE it was never a problem
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links