Son busted at Boise Hawks ball game. - Page 3

Son busted at Boise Hawks ball game.

This is a discussion on Son busted at Boise Hawks ball game. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; wow, just when I was bragging about FL being so gun friendly. What a silly law....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Son busted at Boise Hawks ball game.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    wow, just when I was bragging about FL being so gun friendly. What a silly law.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    Agree....no such law in Idaho per the Idaho CCW website:

Concealed Weapons Information

frequent Q&A

Are there places where I cannot carry a concealed weapon even with a permit?

Yes. You may not carry a concealed weapon in a courthouse, juvenile detention facility, adult correctional facility, prison, jail, public school or private school.

Federal law may prohibit you from carrying a weapon in places such as federal courthouses and airports.

If you have any doubt, you should contact the government entity prior to carrying a weapon onto its premises.

May I carry a concealed weapon in private businesses that are open to the public?
    Yes, unless the private business, which is open to the public forbids carrying weapons on the business premises. Private businesses are within their rights to prohibit weapons on their property.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I break out in a sweat when I have to disarm to go to a Magic Game.....also, Disney will bust you if you carry on Mouse property.....don't. They make a really big deal out of finding some little old lady with a .25 in her purse on their property, and it ususally hits the nightly news. I hate the Mouse.....hate it.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    My business is open to the public, but I assure you that once you walk through my doors, you will abide by my rules.
    This post alone would make me avoid your business.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Florida Department of Agriculture Website:
    Concealed Weapons or Firearm Program - Division of Licensing, FDACS

Florida Statutes Chapter 790 ......If you live in Florida or are visiting Florida and carrying, you need to be familiar with this.....

The Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

Florida Statutes Chapter 790.06 (12)

(12) No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05; any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station; any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom; any polling place; any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district; any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof; any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms; any school administration building; any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose; any elementary or secondary school facility; any career center; any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile; inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law. Any person who willfully violates any provision of this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
    And before you know it we can't carry anywhere. The legislative idiots keep chipping away at our rights and bury it in this kind of dribble. Where does it stop? My feeling is I should be able to carry anywhere a LEO can carry.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I break out in a sweat when I have to disarm to go to a Magic Game.....also, Disney will bust you if you carry on Mouse property.....don't. They make a really big deal out of finding some little old lady with a .25 in her purse on their property, and it ususally hits the nightly news. I hate the Mouse.....hate it.
    actually, from everything I've read(and stories on the Florida CCW forum), it is perfectly legal to carry at Disney. The worst they can do is ask you to leave. If you refuse then you are asking for trouble.

actually, from everything I've read(and stories on the Florida CCW forum), it is perfectly legal to carry at Disney. The worst they can do is ask you to leave. If you refuse then you are asking for trouble.
    again, its private property and a well know fact that no carry allowed. I actually carried there a lot before I knew their rules.....but concealed, is concealed.

yes, if they ask you to leave and you refuse, its now armed trespass.....a felony.

Actually..

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    My business is open to the public, but I assure you that once you walk through my doors, you will abide by my rules.
    Ahhhhh.. "No I wouldn't"! With that type of business/2A attitude I wouldn't want to do any business with you. I'll go someplace where they'll take my money AND respect my 2A rights.

FireStar M40

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStar M40 View Post
    Ahhhhh.. "No I wouldn't"! With that type of business/2A attitude I wouldn't want to do any business with you. I'll go someplace where they'll take my money AND respect my 2A rights.

FireStar M40
    And that is each of your rights to do so... no big deal there.
    thephanatik likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I know you live in Florida but each state has its rules about concealed carry. In Texas, for example, I cannot bring a gun to a sporting event, a school (must be placed inside the car), inside an airport, or a hospital. I don't agree that law abiding citizens should be limited but you've got to play by their rules if you want to keep that ccw permit.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

VIP Member

FireStar M40
    Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    So you have declared your business immune to government regulation?
    I think a few of you missed my point. By my membership and contributions here, I assumed it would be obvious that I'm fine with anybody cc'ing in accordance with SC law in my place of business. My point is I run a tight ship, and certainly don't need assistance from local or federal government in determining what rules should be applied. For example, if you walk into my office intoxicated, or if you are abusive to one of my employees, I will more than likely walk your happy butt right back out. I don't care what freedom of speech rights that you care to try to enforce, and I don't care how many of your friends that you tell to not do business with me.

The extent of your rights should be limited when they infringe on the rights of others. It is common sense. To suggest that we need more regulation to enforce your lifestyle preference only contributes to the politically correct snafu of regulation that is now choking the life out of our economy.

Case Study: A down housing economy was actually contributing to the revitalization of old homes here in SC. Investors could purchase old moldering HUD homes that were eye-sores and afford-ably refurbish them and put them back on the market. Whole communities were starting to be revitalized. But some activists came along that worried the poor, dumb subcontractors might eat the paint chips that contained lead. Politicians being who they are, enacted legislation that required a formal abatement process for houses built before 1979 in order to properly remove and dispose of any paint that might contain lead. We're talking about required expensive training on a poorly-thought out abatement process that involves proper licensing, environmental suits, breathing apparatus, inspections, etc.. The result is a costly process that is prohibitive to rehabilitating houses older than 1979. Now they sit abandoned and rotting again.

This has previously done with costly asbestos abatement requirements in public buildings. The next time you drive by some beautiful, abandoned church or structure and wonder why it just sits there and rots, it is likely because of costly asbestos abatement requirements that require that the asbestos be treated like it was hazardous nuclear waste. It literally costs more to refurbish these structures than what they are worth, so they just sit there and rot. Our nation is legislating itself into oblivion.

To clarify, your right to own and bear arms does not entitle you to enforce those rights on private property owned by others. It has been said over and over, just do not go there/do business with them. Either they will wise up and allow firearms, or they will not. The principles of capitalism define a self-correcting mechanism of survival of the fittest that does not need over-reaching regulation.
    9MMare likes this.

Sporting events are off limits to CCW in Florida. Its the Law......so I don't see many sporting events in person.
    Same for me.............
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

I find it amusing that people are so adamant about their own "rights" but are so willing to let the government trample others rights to their private property so that they themselves can do as they wish on it. It is their property, respect their rights and move on. You absolutely have the right to keep and bear arms and defend yourself, however you also have the choice not to patronize or visit places that the owners are obstinate enough not to want to allow you to.

John Adams

"The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the laws of God ... anarchy and tyranny commence. PROPERTY MUST BE SECURED OR LIBERTY CANNOT EXIST"

James Madison

"Government is instituted to protect property of every sort .... This being the end of government, that is NOT a just government,... nor is property secure under it, where the property which a man has ... is violated by arbitrary seizures of one class of citizens for the service of the rest."

FireStar M40
    You give up some of your rights everyday if you enter a private business. Would you want to take your lady to a quiet restaurant only to have to listen to another customer his free speech rights loudly giving a sermon in an attempt to convert you?
    Would you complain to the management or would you compliment the owner on his tolerance of other peoples rights?

EDIT: Last week I went to an outing where a lot of bikers were expected to show up. The owner of the place we went to prohibited the wearing of colors (Club patches)for the event. This was done to prevent possible fights between rival clubs but was clearly a violation of their right of free speech. Was the owner wrong to do this? Would you have been outraged about this?

Funning thing though, many of the participants were carrying weapons. The owner did not feel that created any possible problem. Of course he did have a sign up on his door accepting applicants to sign up for the next Concealed carry class he was sponsoring. He may be a bit biased I suppose.

Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; September 14th, 2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Mande another oopsie

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    1. Should have demanded refund, then left.

2. Trespassing is a Misdemeanor for me in VA. If pressed, I'll gladly take a trespassing charge over being unarmed. Choices.

3. Fights break out at sporting events, yes. So do they at lots of other places. Which is WHY I choose to be armed.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    1. Should have demanded refund, then left.
    The correct course of action

2. Trespassing is a Misdemeanor for me in VA. If pressed, I'll gladly take a trespassing charge over being unarmed. Choices.
    but may be enough if it is a firearm related crime to lose your permit... think about that

3. Fights break out at sporting events, yes. So do they at lots of other places. Which is WHY I choose to be armed.
    Which is why I choose to watch them on TV. large crowds of rowdy drinking fanatics is not my gig anymore.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links