Son busted at Boise Hawks ball game. - Page 5

Son busted at Boise Hawks ball game.

This is a discussion on Son busted at Boise Hawks ball game. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by paramedic70002 Based upon my previous research, trespassing, even if the issue is the sidearm, has no bearing on the continued validity of ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Son busted at Boise Hawks ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Based upon my previous research, trespassing, even if the issue is the sidearm, has no bearing on the continued validity of a permit in VA. And personally, my VA permit is expired but i have a non-res permit that is valid.

Trespass with a concealed weapon with said weapon being the reason for the trespass aka armed trespass is a permit revocable offense. But that is an argument for another thread if you disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Trespass with a concealed weapon with said weapon being the reason for the trespass aka armed trespass is a permit revocable offense. But that is an argument for another thread if you disagree.
    VA sounds different but in WA, as long as you leave when asked, you cannot be charged with trespass.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    VA sounds different but in WA, as long as you leave when asked, you cannot be charged with trespass.
    Correct, but if you argue or refuse to leave and try to make a scene regarding your 2d amendment rights.... that is a different story

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Staying OT for a moment...

Here are the VA Codes for concealed handguns and trespassing:

LIS > Code of Virginia > 18.2-308

LIS > Code of Virginia > 18.2-119

You must be convicted of two Class 1 misdemeanors to lose your permit. Nowhere will you find the phrase "armed trespass" in VA's Code.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Ok, no issue so you are charged with 18.2-119 and possibly 18.2-415 if you are argumentative and make a scene or refuse..... there are many ways to revoke your permit so just be careful

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    I think the politicians and the sheep need to get over the idea that there are special places where the right of self defense doesn't exist. A sporting event, a school, a church or a business? Sure the BG with evil on his mind will stop in his tracks because there is a no guns sign or its "illegal" to carry there.

As far as property rights go I think those should be secondary to the 2nd if the property is open to the public. Whether the property is a public park or a for profit business I shouldn't have to give up my right to self defense to be there.

About the only places I can think of where the average person shouldn't be allow to carry is a jail, prison or court room. There may be more but the list should be short.

No right is secondary to another. But I can tell you the 2D A gives us we have the right to bear arms, but it does not say, how, when or where. You drag your sorry ass into my house uninvited carrying a gun and I will drop you in a heartbeat, my 2dA just melded with my property rights and that trumps your 2d A! All rights prevail.

It is getting hard these days to discriminate between ccw and breaking the law. So many of us seem to feel that the law doesn't pertain to us as soon as we strap on a gun. I obey the law. If they say no gun on their premesis, I don't carry or I don't go, it is my option.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    No right is secondary to another. But I can tell you the 2D A gives us we have the right to bear arms, but it does not say, how, when or where. You drag your sorry ass into my house uninvited carrying a gun and I will drop you in a heartbeat, my 2dA just melded with my property rights and that trumps your 2d A! All rights prevail.

It is getting hard these days to discriminate between ccw and breaking the law. So many of us seem to feel that the law doesn't pertain to us as soon as we strap on a gun. I obey the law. If they say no gun on their premesis, I don't carry or I don't go, it is my option.
    In many states, posted or not, it is not against the law to carry into businesses. In some states the signs carry no wt of law, so it's not breaking the law. Nor is it breaking the law to carry into peoples' homes (altho at least one state says you must inform). It is only against the law if you dont leave.

You might choose to "drop a houseguest in a heartbeat" if you find them carrying, however you would be the one breaking the law. And would have committed murder.

Even the law places preservation of life above preservation of property, so I'm sticking with my right to protect my life trumps property rights. Again, if I am careless enough to be made, I will politely and immediately leave.

Correct, but if you argue or refuse to leave and try to make a scene regarding your 2d amendment rights.... that is a different story
    But I dont see a responsible gun carrier doing that. If you know the law (trespassing), and you should....follow it. Just like you do with other carry laws. If you are asked to leave, I would think most would do so politely.

Of course there are jerks in any demographic, even among cc'ers, but I think most would just leave rather than risk being charged with trespassing.
    Fortune favors the bold.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

In all fairness, he didn't say he would "drop a houseguest in a heartbeat". He said that if "you drag your sorry ass into my house uninvited carrying a gun and I will drop you in a heartbeat."

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxMM View Post
    In all fairness, he didn't say he would "drop a houseguest in a heartbeat". He said that if "you drag your sorry ass into my house uninvited carrying a gun and I will drop you in a heartbeat."
    Sorry, I guess I missed the 'uninvited' but then it really wouldnt have anything to do with the thread. Someone entering your home uninvited is breaking the law right there.
    Fortune favors the bold.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Ok, no issue so you are charged with 18.2-119 and possibly 18.2-415 if you are argumentative and make a scene or refuse..... there are many ways to revoke your permit so just be careful
    Have to look those up, but if 'caught' I would calmly comply. As long as you do that you shouldn't be charged with trespassing.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Private property rights trump your right to defend yourself. They have the choice to not allow firearms, and you have the choice to not spend money with them. You are not forced to be there. It is as simple as that.
    I agree. I think it is unwise to support anti-gun people and I won't go places where guns are not allowed.

There might be a warning saying guns are not allowed on the ticket stub. But there was a sign, irregardless of whether it is hard to read or not he should have looked for it. He also has the option of calling and asking if he can carry his gun into the game and stadium.

What does him being clean cut, thin, and 26 have to do with anything? The Oslo shooter was clean cut and thin. I am not sure of his age. I also believe the Ft. Hood shooter was clean cut and in shape as he was in the military. However I am also not sure of his age either. I don't think it is relevant to the discussion.

Here's a question for those that have researched "trespass".
    In Michigan by statute you cannot carry a concealed weapon in sports stadiums, amoung other areas specified directly in the law.

I understand that a property owner can ask you to leave and if you don't you can be charged with trespass. But what about if you carry into a prohibited place. Do you still get the option of being asked to leave or is it an automatic arrest since the place is specified "no guns' by law?

I found this in the Michigan statues:

Sec. 13.

When complaint shall be made on oath to any magistrate authorized to issue warrants in criminal cases that any pistol or other weapon or device mentioned in this act is unlawfully possessed or carried by any person, such magistrate shall, if he be satisfied that there is reasonable cause to believe the matters in said complaint be true, issue his warrant directed to any peace officer, commanding him to search the person or place described in such complaint, and if such pistol, weapon or device be there found, to seize and hold the same as evidence of a violation of this act.

It sounds like a judge would have to order the officer to search you, or does a police officer have the authority "To issue warrants"?

Administrator
    Get it back on topic. It makes no difference what the trespass laws are in VA, MI, PA, TX or what ever state is your favorite. This happened in Idaho...
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links