Son busted at Boise Hawks ball game.

This is a discussion on Son busted at Boise Hawks ball game. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My son is 26 clean cut and thin build. The Boise Hawks are a minor league baseball team. He was carrying concealed (under a tee ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Son busted at Boise Hawks ball game.

My son is 26 clean cut and thin build. The Boise Hawks are a minor league baseball team. He was carrying concealed (under a tee shirt) when he bought a ticket and walked in. He just got sat down when he noticed security milling around in his area. Sure enough they asked him if he was carrying a weapon. His answer yes and I have a CCW would you like to see it. No, they didn't need to see it but very polietly asked if he would put it in his car, as weapons were not permitted in the stadium, as it is private property. Sure no problem but where is the sign? They did not know but would look with him. Sure enough they find a sign near the ticket booth ( hard to see with a line of people). Now to my point. The security guards were not armed. So here we have a group of people closely packed together un armed and security is not armed. As we all have heard, bad folks don't care about signs. Looks like a disater waiting for a bad guy to take advantage of a poorly thought out decsion. Who protects me if a BG starts shooting? If you prevent me from protecting myself then who does. I hope for never another public shooting but we all know better.Question , who is really in charge of my protection if you prevent me from doing so????? My son wants to follow the rules and will not carry there again. We assume someone saw his T shirt ride up and so he is revising his CC "plan".
    Eagleks likes this.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Few entities will assume a responsibility that they can avoid.
    rolyat63, jwhite75 and PatAz like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

One of my rules is once I put it on in the morning i dont put my hand near there till bed time. Moving it around can bring attention.
    M&P 15 T
    M&P .40
    M&P .40c
    Moss 500

Couple things. 1. Son needs to cover better and keep carrying (IMO) in places like that.
    2. If he must go to games and such, OC or some form of non-lethal isn't prohibited so just carry that between car and stadium.

I hate these stupid rules about not being able to carry in a stadium and such. What makes it any different than other places? People who go through the process to legally carry have a LOT of screening to go through and I dare say are the most level headed and responsible people out there. No game is going to cause them to "snap" and kill people. Just stupid IMO.

Sorry your son was hassled. I swear, this country is going down the tubes. The right to bear arms shouldn't be followed by a huge list of "exceptions".
    RevolvingMag likes this.

VIP Member
    All valid observations.

This is why I'm diligent in the craft of concealment. There very well may have been times that I've accidentally carried into an area that was posted, but I've never had reason to find out. I also do my best to only carry where permitted. I mostly avoid these places, but for example there is the annual state fair that I take my family to every year and comply with being unarmed while I'm there. However, I don't for a moment view myself as a potential victim in those circumstances. I may prefer a firearm to defend myself, but it is not a requirement.

Private property rights trump your right to defend yourself. They have the choice to not allow firearms, and you have the choice to not spend money with them. You are not forced to be there. It is as simple as that.

Can not help think, the outcome for your son would have been different, in say the "Big" city...its the mouse race your in...enjoy it..goodluck

Sporting events are off limits to CCW in Florida. Its the Law......so I don't see many sporting events in person.
    rolyat63 and ron8903 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Frankly, I can’t think of a worst venue for collateral damage in a shooting. Anyway, a conceal carry with a T-shirt is a challenge so he got made quite easily. When I’m wearing a fashion-T I will usually have it stowed in my smart-carry. It’s not my favorite rig but it serves the purpose.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Timezoneguy View Post
    SNIP:
    Question , who is really in charge of my protection if you prevent me from doing so????? My son wants to follow the rules and will not carry there again. We assume someone saw his T shirt ride up and so he is revising his CC "plan".
    If I tell you that you cannot carry a weapon on my property how am I preventing you from protecting yourself? You can easily protect yourself by staying away.

I understand the problem though. Last night I went to see a young friend play football in another town. There was no secure place to park my car other than the schools parking lot. In order to both follow the law and to see my friend play I had to leave my weapon at home. I made the choice to be unprotected for a 200 mile road trip as well as during the game.

Michael
    ASSA9 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Private property rights trump your right to defend yourself. They have the choice to not allow firearms, and you have the choice to not spend money with them. You are not forced to be there. It is as simple as that.
    Actually that is a good point even though it may seem offensive to extreme 2nd ammendment people. Skating rink here, privately owned, does not allow guns due to the crowd it draws; Mostly children. I don't skate so it makes no difference to me. However, it is a low-light environment and taking a shot at someone in self defence certainly has the potential of a complete desaster.

No intention what so ever of starting a war here. Just a personal comment and nothing more.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I think the politicians and the sheep need to get over the idea that there are special places where the right of self defense doesn't exist. A sporting event, a school, a church or a business? Sure the BG with evil on his mind will stop in his tracks because there is a no guns sign or its "illegal" to carry there.

As far as property rights go I think those should be secondary to the 2nd if the property is open to the public. Whether the property is a public park or a for profit business I shouldn't have to give up my right to self defense to be there.

About the only places I can think of where the average person shouldn't be allow to carry is a jail, prison or court room. There may be more but the list should be short.
    smolck likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    As far as property rights go I think those should be secondary to the 2nd if the property is open to the public. Whether the property is a public park or a for profit business I shouldn't have to give up my right to self defense to be there.
    My business is open to the public, but I assure you that once you walk through my doors, you will abide by my rules.
    Tzadik likes this.

I think the politicians and the sheep need to get over the idea that there are special places where the right of self defense doesn't exist. A sporting event, a school, a church or a business? Sure the BG with evil on his mind will stop in his tracks because there is a no guns sign or its "illegal" to carry there.

About the only places I can think of where the average person shouldn't be allow to carry is a jail, prison or court room. There may be more but the list should be short.
    I see your point, but the 2d Amendment does not allow me the right to do what I want on your property and trample YOUR personal choices and liberties. In government buildings I am all for it, that is taxpayer funded and operated property but as for private property, we must respect the wishes and liberties of the property owners regardless of their views. They cannot discriminate based on age, race, religion, disability... but they do have the right to refuse service to anyone for other reasons whether it be carrying a weapon that they do not want on their property, no shirts, no shoes, offensive clothing or lack thereof, belligerent behavior... and if someone politely asks you to leave their property you should respect that decision and do so. Some states have passed laws to prevent this and it is a slippery slope allowing government to further intrude on your private property rights. You have options. You can disregard it be more discreet and shutup about it and do it anyway or you can choose not to spend money and patronize that business. Maybe writing a polite, professional letter to the owner explaining your stance. I don't understand why anyone would not want armed law abiding citizens on their properties but some people do not and as stupid as I see it, I respect their right to ask me to leave. I can also argue the other side as well but I am really all for the states and feds just butting out of our business and stop regulating things so much.

How would this line of thinking go if a person were to go into a venue open to the public and proceed to stand in the middle and profess their beliefs in who the next president should be or what they felt the best religion was? Would it be against their 1A right to free speech for the owners to prohibit them?

You need to realize that your rights end when they infringe on another's rights. The entity that owns the venue has the same rights as you and yours do not trump theirs.

Don't agree with their policies? Don't go there.
    ITW, jester243, Tzadik and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links