Noisy carry

Noisy carry

This is a discussion on Noisy carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Admittedly I am new to concealed carry, but I've become acutely aware of the fact that my CC is rather noisy, the noise is caused ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Noisy carry

Noisy carry

Admittedly I am new to concealed carry, but I've become acutely aware of the fact that my CC is rather noisy, the noise is caused by the rounds rattling around in the magazine; is this common or not, is there a home remedy cure for this or perhaps should I be looking for an after market magazine to fix this....??

What are you carrying? Do you top your magazine off when you chamber a round?

VIP Member
    Try topping off the magazine after chambering a round, then give the magazine a firm smack to seat all the rounds in it.

BTW welcome to the forum.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

What's your weapon? I have a double stack that rattles sometimes... I've smacked it to set the rounds, that improves it. I've also wiped the inside of the mag with graphite on a q-tip, that really helped mine, and with repeated testing has caused no ill effects.

Oh, yeah, and WELCOME!
    Last edited by oakchas; September 13th, 2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: add the welcome, Hiram's reminded me.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Welcome from Delaware!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Welcome to the site!

I haven't had an issue with a noisy rounds, however, my Crossbreed Supertuck sounds like I have a rubber duck in my pocket; squeaking and creaking every time I move. Rather annoying.
    ”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

I'm carrying a Taurus PT140, had it about 5 months and has proven itself very reliable, no malfunctions of any type, but since I only recently received my CHL, just started carrying.

I have not topped off the mag after chambering, will try that tomorrow

My holster is the Crossbreed supertuck, still breaking it in, but no squeak as of yet

Thanks to all

Quote Originally Posted by trainercb View Post
    Welcome to the site!

I haven't had an issue with a noisy rounds, however, my Crossbreed Supertuck sounds like I have a rubber duck in my pocket; squeaking and creaking every time I move. Rather annoying.
    Talcum powder where it rubs. I even have felt pads between the clips and the leather. Does not completely stop it, but helps. Love the way the holster wears. But I'm surprised no one at Church has mentioned the squeaking. It really stands out there.

My P3at extra mag will occasionally rattle. A smack to the back of it usually fixes it. I top mine off too.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    My Glock 21 did that. I hated when the rounds rattled in the Mag. I got rid of the Mag that rattled.

The PT140 that I have rattles when the mag is full. I load 1 less round and that helps considerably. I always carry a backup 15 round mag.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Wow, that's a new one on me. There's no way I'd have a mag that rattles from simple movements.
    jfnixon likes this.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    Welcome from SC

The only rattler that I've had was a Hi-Point (hint ;-). It chattered with every step.

I'd like to know what the possible effect would be from rattling rounds - would they fail to feed? I've never had a problem with loose rounds but this is something that would concern me, more than just the annoying sound.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I hear all kinds of stuff when I walk,I wish it was bullet rattle,I think it's the kid in this 53 year old body trying to escape
    GreyGhost likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Sometimes, tapping the magazine to seat the rounds in it can also help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links