Oklahoma Concealed Carry Permit - about to expire

This is a discussion on Oklahoma Concealed Carry Permit - about to expire within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everybody, i am wondering about something, maybe someone here can help me out. I am holding a Oklahoma Carry Permit, which is about to ...

Formerly OKC, OK; Currently Karlsruhe, Germany

Hey everybody,

i am wondering about something, maybe someone here can help me out. I am holding a Oklahoma Carry Permit, which is about to expire next year. Since i am currently living in Germany, i don't have much use for it anyway these days. However, i was wondering what will happen when it eventually expires.

- Since i am currently not living in Oklahoma, i probably can't just renew it.
    - As far as i found ot, Oklahoma is not issueing Out-Of-State Carry permits. Don't know if that would even apply in my case

I guess, i will just have to let it expire and then reapply for it again, when i am moving back to OK in a few years. Does anyone here know, if i can just reapply and get my CCW back? Or would i have to go through the whole process of taking the ccw class and the application process again? Not that it would be a big deal, but it's just an annoyance and a waste of money ;).

I'm going to call the OSBI later today, but since it's still in the middle of the night in OK (yay, time difference), i though maybe there is someone still up at this time who knows what i could do...

Regards, Mike
    Regards, Mike

The german american, now living in Germany, but surely missing home!

VIP Member
    You can renew within 3 years without having to go through all the training again. Check here for all the facts on it.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA...k_NOV_2010.pdf

TITLE 21 1290.5. Term of license and renewal

"However, any applicant shall have three (3) years from the expiration of the license to comply with the renewal requirements of this section."
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

That's helping me a lot, that's what i was looking for! Thanks for the information!
    Regards, Mike

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Perhaps a Florida or Virginia (both easy to get) "non-resident" permit to cover you in the meantime??? Then again, I don't guess you can carry in Germany.
    But at least you would have a valid permit for when you return stateside, until you could get your Ok. permit restored.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Stubborn: That would also sound like a plan. I think i'm gonna check those possibilities when i get off work in a few minutes (it's 4.30 pm already here in Germany). You are right, i don't carry in Germany - i don't even have the possibility of carrying here, without being a cop. But i would like to hold a valid permit for when i come back to the US. Of course, i could always just take the class and reapply, but if there's a cance to get around that, i wouldn't be too mad either.
    Regards, Mike

VIP Member
    kante, Here is the web site for the VA State Police. VA non-resident permit is $100.00.

The second link is to states that honor VA permits. Make sure to check the bottom of the link. Some states only honor resident permits. They are listed at the bottom of the second link.

Virginia State Police - Nonresident Concealed Handgun Permits

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Are you in the service or on a temporary job assingment? Still have a OK drivers license? If so you should be able to renew.
    Semper Fi

Archer51: Thanks, i will look into it.
    BkCo1: Also, thanks. I am not in the service or a US-Based job assignment. Purely civilian job for a european company (just for the records - being american, but grew up overseas, due to my parents military assignment. I also have family over here, so that's why i moved back to good old Germay for a while ;)). I do have my OK license and - to be honest - it's not a problem to renew it, using my brothers address or do something like that while living in Germany. However, i would rather go the 100% legal way, just in case i have to take advantage of my permit, shtf, i shoot someone and then the BGs lawyer turns the tables, pointing out that i tricked the system to keep my permit and technically it was expired 2 decades ago. Wouldn't want that to happen...
    Regards, Mike

Links