Can't carry @ work, do you store your gun in car all day? - Page 3

Can't carry @ work, do you store your gun in car all day?

This is a discussion on Can't carry @ work, do you store your gun in car all day? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No weapons at all on the property. No guns, no edged weapons, no ball bats, nothing. And yes, they do check....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Can't carry @ work, do you store your gun in car all day?

No weapons at all on the property. No guns, no edged weapons, no ball bats, nothing.

And yes, they do check.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I cant carry at work. No gun policy. I live in an area that hasnt seen a murder in decades or even a serious injury from a fight in probably a decade.

I CC when I head into the city. The rest of the time I am perfectly happy with my bug out bag and a good knife and OC.

I work part time for a pharmacy chain. No weapons allowed according to corporate. But, a couple of the area stores I work at are in not so good areas. I carry my G26 in a cargo pocket holster. No one knows. I do the same at my home store (I'm a floater). Although there, the pharmacy has been robbed several times. I would rather be fired and able to defend myself and/or others than not be prepared.
    CountryGal and RugerRon like this.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Being retired military I visit the local base often so I'm unarmed a lot. It sucks but that's just one of the perks I could do without.
    That's why I only use the PX/Commissary only about once or twice a month. I used to go to the base gym but now I have my own workout equipment at home as well as a membership at a boxing/mixed martial arts gym, which I can definitely carry there since there are no signs prohibiting CC. Besides, the base gym got too many people there asking questions everytime I do my martial arts on the heavybag, it can be annoying at times. In the MMA gym, everyone is doing their own thing so it's not strange.

I can't carry at work either,so i store my gun in my pocket all day.
    fmcgraw likes this.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

I'm a fuel hauler. Federal law says no guns on me or in my truck or even at the terminal I work out of. Period! And no, I don't push the envelope and hide mine in my car or in my saddlebags. And I have a 47 mile one way commute. I am not a gun-centric person. I use other non-lethal and non conventional weapons as part of my self defense package.

Occasionally I have to visit the post office and I have a COM safe in my car to store my gun in.
    Question Everything!

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanner View Post
    They are leaving my house? I would do absolutely nothing except back out, call 911, and provide as much detail as possible.
    My stuff is insured, my life is irreplaceable, and as long as there was no imminent threat to family or friends, I really dont want to spend the next several weeks if not years defending myself in court. Its a robbery, not a kidnapping or life threatening situation.
    I didn't say anything about stopping them or even confronting them. Remember, carrying a concealed handgun is about having it available. If that gun is in your house and not on your hip, then you don't even have a choice.

When I was younger one of your neighbors (we lived out in the country somewhat, neighbor was a middle aged woman) came home from work, parked in the driveway and started walking up the steps to their front door. When she was almost to the door the garage door opened up and three men (who apparently entered through a back window) came running out, stopped a minute to harass her and take her purse and keys, and took her car which was found in a ditch later that evening.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    I'm a fuel hauler. Federal law says no guns on me or in my truck or even at the terminal I work out of. Period! And no, I don't push the envelope and hide mine in my car or in my saddlebags. And I have a 47 mile one way commute. I am not a gun-centric person. I use other non-lethal and non conventional weapons as part of my self defense package.

Occasionally I have to visit the post office and I have a COM safe in my car to store my gun in.
    Does that federal law apply to fuel haulers specifically?

Sometimes you just have to buy and pocket carry a Ruger LCP or Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .380. Kangaroo carry is another option too. Not that I condone breaking the rules, but if I worked where I had to ride a bus or any type of mass transit, I'd carry a gun, job be damned.
    RugerRon likes this.

Unfortunately mine get left in the center console while I'm at work.

I park in a secure access controlled parking lot next to the building. I have a car gun safe that the gun stays in. So to answer the initial question, yes, I keep my gun locked in my car when i am at work. But I still carry a large folding knife while inside.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    I have a Safe in my car. The Safe is locked in with a cable. If I have to leave a gun in the car it goes in the Safe.

No carry at work permitted. And if you have firearms in your vehicle they cannot be parked on the property.

However, I do carry a machete at work on an intermittent basis which is better than nothing...
    Four Rugers, three SIG Sauers; my SP101 3-1/16" .357 is shown in my avatar. I like reliability.

I bought the S&W Bodyguard .380 specifically for pocket carry at work. My boss and coworkers are very gun friendly, but company policy says no "unauthorized" firearms. I named my BG380 "Author Ized" to remedy that problem.

I believe the saying goes "I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6".

VIP Member
    I work for the Government so my pistola stays in the truck safe!

140aued.jpg
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links