Can't carry @ work, do you store your gun in car all day? - Page 4

Can't carry @ work, do you store your gun in car all day?

This is a discussion on Can't carry @ work, do you store your gun in car all day? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; DSCN0013.JPG Oh yes, it's bolted down....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Can't carry @ work, do you store your gun in car all day?

VIP Member
    DSCN0013.JPG

Oh yes, it's bolted down.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    It never occurred to me to get a safe for the car, I didn't even know anyone made them.

So for the guys that keep a safe in the car, how do you go about putting your gun away? Do you put it in the safe as soon as you get in your car before you leave your house or do you wait until you get to work and put it in the safe when you park at work?

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
    I have a Safe in my car. The Safe is locked in with a cable. If I have to leave a gun in the car it goes in the Safe.
    I've seen those, better than nothing for sure. But cutting that cable would be easy.

I live in AZ, which has parking lot laws about generally allowing storage of your firearm in your vehicle, but there's an exception......If the parking lot is "secured", (i.e. fenced with guarded entry), then the owner of said facility is legally allowed to restrict the storage of firearms in your vehicle WITHOUT providing temporary storage (the normal caveat to parking lot laws in AZ is if the establishment is willing and able to provide temporary and secure storage for your firearm, THEN they can disallow having firearms even in your vehicle).

I work inside a "secured" facility, and therefore can't even store inside my vehicle. Since we have random vehicle searches, I don't push my luck. I do find it disheartening that our security guards have been disarmed since about a year ago. Some still wear their empty holsters (in protest I'd imagine).

I have to leave my gun home when i go to work we can not have a gun on company property and we have to park on company propriety so i am screwed. I would be happy if i could lock my gun in my car at work but am not allowed to have it on company property.
    Jerry

NRA Life Member

The Cable is attached under the seat in such a way that the safe is in the way to get a bolt cutter in. You would draw a lot of attention trying to get it out. The car is rarely out of my sight with a gun in the safe. The only time was at a College Graduation this Summer. My windows are dark and with a black safe on black interior floor it can't be seen anyway. The only time I don't carry is if it is a Felony to carry. Businesses that put up Signs saying no guns can piss up a rope.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links