question for the TX people

This is a discussion on question for the TX people within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Apv get a lawyer. They can often get the ticket dismissed....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: question for the TX people

Apv get a lawyer. They can often get the ticket dismissed.

2. Remove Ads

There are only 2 signs that carry legal weight for the CHL person in Texas. The one is 30-06 (which is the appropriate law code number) and it has to be a specific size 1" letters as I recall, and must have a specific wording in English and Spanish to be legal. The whole sign is on the order of 10-12 inch by 16-18" in size. The other is the 51% sign that indicates that that establishment gets more than 51% of its revenue from booze. It is illegal to carry in hospitals, churches and one other that I can't recall right now but they have changed the law so that you have to be notified with the 30-06 sign for it to carry the force of law. Welcome to Texas be glad that you missed the summer, it was a female dog!

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Thanks faif'2d ! Yeah Glad I did miss this summer in Texas, bad enough it was in Kansas.

Lot to see in Texas, hope vacation there soon.

fyi-it's not illegal to carry in Hospitals or Churches unless they have the 30.06 signage or they inform you that you cannot carry, either verbally or written.

Quote Originally Posted by faif2d View Post
    There are only 2 signs that carry legal weight for the CHL person in Texas. The one is 30-06 (which is the appropriate law code number) and it has to be a specific size 1" letters as I recall, and must have a specific wording in English and Spanish to be legal. The whole sign is on the order of 10-12 inch by 16-18" in size. The other is the 51% sign that indicates that that establishment gets more than 51% of its revenue from booze. It is illegal to carry in hospitals, churches and one other that I can't recall right now but they have changed the law so that you have to be notified with the 30-06 sign for it to carry the force of law. Welcome to Texas be glad that you missed the summer, it was a female dog!

It was a nice visit, I am glad the heat broke.
    On the way home to FLA I stopped for lunch and had another LEO encounter in FLA, while adjusting things in the back of my car in the parking lot my shirt rolled up and exposed my gun, when I got out of the car I covered up and went inside to eat. While eating I see 2 deputies cruising the parking lot and they stop by my car, I figured out that someone spotted the gun on me and called it in, the 2 deputies come inside and come over to me and ask if I am carrying, I told them yes and he asks if I have a permit to carry, I said yes and he asked to see it, I showed it to him and he explained that someone saw it, called it in and that I need to be more careful, he said have a nice day and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    now for my next TX issue, I got nailed for a speeding ticket, are there any outs?
    Most municipal courts and county Justice of the Peace courts offer traffic ticket dismissal upon completion of either a defensive driving course, deferred adjudication, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant48 View Post
    Most municipal courts and county Justice of the Peace courts offer traffic ticket dismissal upon completion of either a defensive driving course, deferred adjudication, or both.
    I don't think out of state people can go that route

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links