Crime in decline, but why? Low inflation among theories - Page 3

Crime in decline, but why? Low inflation among theories

This is a discussion on Crime in decline, but why? Low inflation among theories within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; LOW inflation? Dudes, the price of gold (in US $) has doubled in one year. That means that everything that we import is going to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Crime in decline, but why? Low inflation among theories

LOW inflation? Dudes, the price of gold (in US $) has doubled in one year. That means that everything that we import is going to double in price, too, soon. As people figure out that the US is just printing more paper $, without anything more to back them (indeed, we have less worth than 1 year ago, due to wars and loss of manufacturing facilities) they will have no choice but to demand more US $ for everything that they sell us. If they do anything less, they will be losing money on their products. Nobody can afford to do that.

My county has 66,000 registered concealed carry people. That means out of 1 million in that county, 1 out of 15 people have a gun (or a permit to have one) on their person.

Kind of like a very real game russian roulette for the bad guys.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtsr View Post
    Once again, every reason they can think, BUT 1!

Crime in decline, but why? Low inflation cited - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

1. An aging U.S. population.
    2. More toys, less property crime.
    3. Low inflation.
    4. More and smarter policing.

How about the fact that they are afraid of getting their arse shot off!!!

Not once do they mention the fact that criminals are afraid that more people are carrying guns for protection and criminals are afraid of being shot.
    Gun ownership is up, crime rates are down. Funny how that works.... Gun Ownership Up, Crime Down

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lanky View Post
    LOW inflation? Dudes, the price of gold (in US $) has doubled in one year. That means that everything that we import is going to double in price, too, soon. As people figure out that the US is just printing more paper $, without anything more to back them (indeed, we have less worth than 1 year ago, due to wars and loss of manufacturing facilities) they will have no choice but to demand more US $ for everything that they sell us. If they do anything less, they will be losing money on their products. Nobody can afford to do that.
    Your argument assumes there is another market available to sell your goods at a higher price. The reality is that there is no other market like the US and the prices will be whatever we can afford to pay. Without the US those products you speak of will sit in storage and rot.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

the price of gold (in US $) has doubled in one year. That means that everything that we import is going to double in price, too, soon
    While I suspect inflation will rear its ugly head, the above is wrong. There are several other factors that go into the price of gold and other commodities, but double, no.

But........I am not an economist. I am the 54% that make up 86% of my statistics. I just barefaced lie the rest of the time, without the benefit of bogus statistics.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links