Wally Walk with pics

This is a discussion on Wally Walk with pics within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seriously nice holster work. Wally World is the one place I won't ever go unarmed. Even though I live in the burbs Wally Worlds everywhere ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Wally Walk with pics

Seriously nice holster work. Wally World is the one place I won't ever go unarmed. Even though I live in the burbs Wally Worlds everywhere seem to be lowlife magnets.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Great that you've made your own carry holster. Looks lik it's working out just fine.

Want friendly, helpful, additional critique? Get more serious about footwear.
    Those "things" that you're wearing will absolutely get you killed if you need to move pronto.

A pair of sport or hiking sandals that are still very open but have a strap behind the heel would still be cool & comfortable and they would actually stay on your feet.

DOCKERS makes a pair that would fit the bill but, anything even remotely resembling these would still be airy & would be a much more logical and realistic choice.

limatunes likes this.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Good job and congrats!!!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Never understood the Wally World walk thing. Is this some kind of CCW right of passage indoctrination people feel compelled to do or what?
    C hawk Glock and Chad Rogers like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Administrator
    You nailed it but, it seems to be losing popularity. Funny...Wally World didn't even exist when I started carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Never understood the Wally World walk thing. Is this some kind of CCW right of passage indoctrination people feel compelled to do or what?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    You nailed it but, it seems to be losing popularity. Funny...Wally World didn't even exist when I started carrying.
    I wish it would go completely out of style. I personally agree with the comment on shoe selection. I also would like to see boots come back in style for men.
    SGT and ppkheat like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Great that you've made your own carry holster. Looks lik it's working out just fine.

Want friendly, helpful, additional critique? Get more serious about footwear.
    Those "things" that you're wearing will absolutely get you killed if you need to move pronto.

A pair of sport or hiking sandals that are still very open but have a strap behind the heel would still be cool & comfortable and they would actually stay on your feet.

DOCKERS makes a pair that would fit the bill but, anything even remotely resembling these would still be airy & would be a much more logical and realistic choice.

Uh...thanks? Ok I wasn't expecting a footwear critique but you put it VERY politely so I appreciate it.

I wish it would go completely out of style.
    I'll spell it out for ya, I have carried this holster OWB untucked quit a bit. Then I figured out a way to convert to IWB tuckable with my holster. I put it together over the weekend and the wife and I had to pick up a few things so this was an op test. I wanted to see how it felt in and out of a car and in public. Wanted to see from someone else's point of view how good/bad it printed. Then I thought might be kinda funny/entertaining to post here. Don't get your problem with it.

My problem is all the threads about the Wally World walks that people feel they have to do for some reason to see if anybody notices them, or if they OC to walk around and see if anybody says something to them. I just think it's stupid, novice, and pointless. Mirrors work just as well.

Now, I am not trying to be abrasive or confrontational in my comment, but that's what I think, and make no apologies for saying it.
    wmhawth likes this.

My problem is all the threads about the Wally World walks that people feel they have to do for some reason to see if anybody notices them, or if they OC to walk around and see if anybody says something to them. I just think it's stupid, novice, and pointless. Mirrors work just as well.

Now, I am not trying to be abrasive or confrontational in my comment, but that's what I think, and make no apologies for saying it.
    This is non-abrasive and non-confrontational? Seriously? This is like the SNL who's more grizzled gameshow. OK wanted to see if WIFE could see it print and she took pics for my sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    This is non-abrasive and non-confrontational? Seriously? This is like the SNL who's more grizzled gameshow. OK wanted to see if WIFE could see it print and she took pics for my sake.
    Only if you take it personal and internalize it. The pics were very good.

Administrator
    Please understand that I am not trying to be a smartass with regard to footwear selection as it directly relates to self-defense and being out of doors.
    If you have your firearm out and you need to back up or move directionally or head for fast cover or concealment you will have things on your mind other than trying to keep flip-flop type shoes on your feet.
    And outdoors if you kick them off & you step on broken bottle glass or a sharp stone/rock or whatever then you're out of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    I'll spell it out for ya, I have carried this holster OWB untucked quit a bit. Then I figured out a way to convert to IWB tuckable with my holster. I put it together over the weekend and the wife and I had to pick up a few things so this was an op test. I wanted to see how it felt in and out of a car and in public. Wanted to see from someone else's point of view how good/bad it printed. Then I thought might be kinda funny/entertaining to post here. Don't get your problem with it.
    SGT and limatunes like this.

Please understand that I am not trying to be a smartass with regard to footwear selection as it directly relates to self-defense and being out of doors.
    If you have your firearm out and you need to back up or move directionally or head for fast cover or concealment you will have things on your mind other than trying to keep flip-flop type shoes on your feet.
    And outdoors if you kick them off & you step on broken bottle glass or a sharp stone/rock or whatever then you're out of the fight.
    Oh yeah I fully understand your point. I wasn't expecting that criticism but it's valid and I thought it was a little funny that's all. In a good way. I spent 8 years in the Navy Submarine force so sometimes I can't help but be a smartass.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalleye View Post
    Seriously nice holster work. Wally World is the one place I won't ever go unarmed. Even though I live in the burbs Wally Worlds everywhere seem to be lowlife magnets.
    Thank you...I'm relatively new at it (about a year and a half) and am still practicing/improving.

I gotta agree with Gman about the Wally World walks which seems to be some sort of firearms forums rite of passage phenomenon that blew up on the scene a decade or so ago. It's almost as if grownups are playing with their new toy, in this case a concealed carry permit. Put the permit in the wallet and the handgun in the chosen concealment method on your person and get on with life. A blow-by-blow description of a first time experience isn't necessary as it's no big deal.

Now successfully carrying into Mexico and back out, onto a Marine Corps base, or past a metal detector would be entertaining.

A homemade concealed carry holster does add interest.

But why Wally World?
    glockman10mm and wmhawth like this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links