Wally Walk with pics

This is a discussion on Wally Walk with pics within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; gun? What gun? I don't see no stinkin' gun. Mission Accomplished!! now for Phase II......Saturday night at Golden Corral or your favorite "All You can ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Wally Walk with pics

gun? What gun? I don't see no stinkin' gun.

Mission Accomplished!!

now for Phase II......Saturday night at Golden Corral or your favorite "All You can Eat" Buffet. That is the true test as you have to fight your way to the food, and bump and grind into all sorts of fun people. If you pass Phase II undetected, you get another "Attaboy". Good luck.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I gotta agree with Gman about the Wally World walks which seems to be some sort of firearms forums rite of passage phenomenon that blew up on the scene a decade or so ago. It's almost as if grownups are playing with their new toy, in this case a concealed carry permit. Put the permit in the wallet and the handgun in the chosen concealment method on your person and get on with life. A blow-by-blow description of a first time experience isn't necessary as it's no big deal.

Now successfully carrying into Mexico and back out, onto a Marine Corps base, or past a metal detector would be entertaining.

A homemade concealed carry holster does add interest.

But why Wally World?
    We needed dog food and some groceries and it's close...holy crap...you guys act like I'm 21, wet behind the ears, and never carried. Guys I was testing out a new holster set up along with tucked in shirt. I'm a 31 year old man, been shooting all my life, carrying since 2005...what's with the "kids these days" type attitude. It's actually a bit insulting guys. Come on.

VIP Member
    I sure get a kick out of you Texan's! Only in Texas would someone have a IWB holster with a star and a picture of the state on it! LOL..... Good job on the WW walk. I did not see any ammo in that cart son!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I sure get a kick out of you Texan's! Only in Texas would someone have a IWB holster with a star and a picture of the state on it! LOL..... Good job on the WW walk. I did not see any ammo in that cart son!
    Thanks! Budget is thin, but will be finishing new job training soon and be in the field makin more and shooting more.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Never understood the Wally World walk thing. Is this some kind of CCW right of passage indoctrination people feel compelled to do or what?
    In a world where people feel the need to carry a gun for self defense, I see it as just trying to add a little fun.
    zonker1986 and limatunes like this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Good job concealing the gun!
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    In a world where people feel the need to carry a gun for self defense, I see it as just trying to add a little fun.
    when we all first start carrying, it was like everyone on the street was looking at us.....Wally Walk is just a way for new carriers to get comfortable carrying around people
    and realize that no one is really paying attention to them at all. Yes, it is a big deal to those that just spent the last two or three months fillinng out the paperwork, taking the class, picking out their first pistol, and learning to fit all into their daily routine. We, as experienced carriers should applaud them, not belittle them as immature. As AZJD stated, it is just an attempt to add a little humor to a very serious subject. Nothing wrong with it.

For those of you that have been carrying since FDR was President, I'm sure you had a similar experience learning to carry around the other dinosaurs at Walrock Mart.....but you just can't remember it.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Perhaps this is the CCW version of planking?
    INccwchris likes this.

VIP Member
    I thought you were a dead give away from the first pic.

You need a better belt or a tighter belt or a new carry location..

Peoples Protectorate of Kaliforniya, gulag NorCal
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    when we all first start carrying, it was like everyone on the street was looking at us.....Wally Walk is just a way for new carriers to get comfortable carrying around people
    and realize that no one is really paying attention to them at all. Yes, it is a big deal to those that just spent the last two or three months fillinng out the paperwork, taking the class, picking out their first pistol, and learning to fit all into their daily routine. We, as experienced carriers should applaud them, not belittle them as immature. As AZJD stated, it is just an attempt to add a little humor to a very serious subject. Nothing wrong with it.

For those of you that have been carrying since FDR was President, I'm sure you had a similar experience learning to carry around the other dinosaurs at Walrock Mart.....but you just can't remember it.

Bravo! Very well said.

Funny thing about the WW for me is; I've been doing the Wally Walk for years and didn't even know it....

I've also done the Applebee's walk, Chillie's walk, Wachovia walk and so on, and so on......
    glockman10mm likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Perhaps this is the CCW version of planking?
    BOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    So here ya go, did a Wally Walk tonight with my IWB Conversion idea and XD45C. Pics are worth a thousand words but please no fat jokes or comments. I gained a little weight since I left the Navy:).
    Carrying my XD45C 10+1, plus a 13 rounder in my left pocket, and my Gerber Answer Tanto in wallet pocket.

Attachment 53268
    I think you did a good job of concealing the gun. I do have a couple of constructive criticisms for you. First let me say, this is meant purely as constructive criticism. I am not trying to be a jerk so please do not take it that way. For the sake of your safety and your families (I can see the small child in the picture) lose weight. As I said, not trying to be insensitive. I myself used to be your size. In 2006/7 I lost 160 pounds and got into shape. Not only does it make concealing a gun 1000X easier but I am MUCH more able to defend myself and my family. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is easier to do. Seriously consider it. Being able to defend ones family and loved ones does not simply mean carrying a handgun. Being in shape and being able to grapple with a bad guy or run after someone is paramount.

Which brings me to my second point. Your footwear. I realize those sandals are comfortable and popular but, in a self defense situation they will be a huge hindrance. Good shoes that protect your feet in a fight and allow you to move confidently and quickly are important. In a situation where you need to run to protect your family or yourself, those shoes are not going to help you out.

This is a lifestyle. It's a different way of thinking than the run of the mill sheep out there. There are so many more things to consider than simply being able to effectively hide the gun.
    JL and limatunes like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    My problem is all the threads about the Wally World walks that people feel they have to do for some reason to see if anybody notices them, or if they OC to walk around and see if anybody says something to them. I just think it's stupid, novice, and pointless. Mirrors work just as well.
    ^ This.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    ...you guys act like I'm 21, wet behind the ears, and never carried....I'm a 31 year old man, been shooting all my life, carrying since 2005....
    Based on that you strike me as having even less of an excuse. Who were/are you trying to impress?

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I think you did a good job of concealing the gun. I do have a couple of constructive criticisms for you. First let me say, this is meant purely as constructive criticism. I am not trying to be a jerk so please do not take it that way. For the sake of your safety and your families (I can see the small child in the picture) lose weight. As I said, not trying to be insensitive. I myself used to be your size. In 2006/7 I lost 160 pounds and got into shape. Not only does it make concealing a gun 1000X easier but I am MUCH more able to defend myself and my family. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is easier to do. Seriously consider it. Being able to defend ones family and loved ones does not simply mean carrying a handgun. Being in shape and being able to grapple with a bad guy or run after someone is paramount.

Which brings me to my second point. Your footwear. I realize those sandals are comfortable and popular but, in a self defense situation they will be a huge hindrance. Good shoes that protect your feet in a fight and allow you to move confidently and quickly are important. In a situation where you need to run to protect your family or yourself, those shoes are not going to help you out.

This is a lifestyle. It's a different way of thinking than the run of the mill sheep out there. There are so many more things to consider than simply being able to effectively hide the gun.
    Good point and in progress. What did you do to get in shape?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links