Wally Walk with pics

This is a discussion on Wally Walk with pics within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Agent Smith ^ This. Based on that you strike me as having even less of an excuse. Who were/are you trying to ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Wally Walk with pics

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    ^ This.

Based on that you strike me as having even less of an excuse. Who were/are you trying to impress?
    Don't need to impress anyone thanks, hell I was shooting for a little entertainment posting the pics my wife took for my sake. Why are you and a few others here clicking on threads and then posting replies only to put forward stupid criticism? Do you like spreading discontent?

I appreciate the majority of you putting up positive criticism and comments.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I gotta agree with Gman about the Wally World walks which seems to be some sort of firearms forums rite of passage phenomenon that blew up on the scene a decade or so ago. It's almost as if grownups are playing with their new toy, in this case a concealed carry permit. Put the permit in the wallet and the handgun in the chosen concealment method on your person and get on with life. A blow-by-blow description of a first time experience isn't necessary as it's no big deal.

Now successfully carrying into Mexico and back out, onto a Marine Corps base, or past a metal detector would be entertaining.

A homemade concealed carry holster does add interest.

But why Wally World?
    You might consider it a test........If you can navigate your way through Walmart without shooting someone you might be level headed enough to be trusted with a gun.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Don't need to impress anyone thanks, hell I was shooting for a little entertainment posting the pics my wife took for my sake. Why are you and a few others here clicking on threads and then posting replies only to put forward stupid criticism? Do you like spreading discontent?

I appreciate the majority of you putting up positive criticism and comments.
    Unfortunately, some people just like to gripe and be annoying rather than just shut up and not post to topics that they don't care about. But after all, it's an Internet forum, your going to get all kinds.
    Last edited by JD; September 23rd, 2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    For those of you that have been carrying since FDR was President, I'm sure you had a similar experience learning to carry around the other dinosaurs at Walrock Mart.....but you just can't remember it.
    Hah, can too! I was 18 and Gerald Ford was president. First place I ever carried concealed was in a bank.

Of course I worked there...and bought the revolver from an armored motor guard who delivered shipments to my teller window. Had to carry concealed to get it out of the building to go home. One can get away with a lot when wearing a business suit.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Hah, can too! I was 18 and Gerald Ford was president. First place I ever carried concealed was in a bank.

Of course I worked there...and bought the revolver from an armored motor guard who delivered shipments to my teller window. Had to carry concealed to get it out of the building to go home. One can get away with a lot when wearing a business suit.
    NICE!

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

I thought when you started carrying concealed the cap and ball pistol was just coming into style as the ultimate concealed carry weapon. :)
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I'd say if Some people have such thin skin they are better off leaving the piece under the pillow when they go out.
    Life is tough, and if a little critisim and alternate viewpoints wad your tighty whiteys, your gonna have some real issues in the real world when facing confrontation.

As Jeff Cooper said on the age of the modern man" one can become quiet unpopular when one questions the usefulness of such things".
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Wally Walk with pics
    So here ya go, did a Wally Walk tonight with my IWB Conversion idea and XD45C. Pics are worth a thousand words but please no fat jokes or
    I'm not getting it Doodle. Your holster work looks pretty good but just judging by the pictures you posted your concealment method is pretty inadequate. It's mostly the way you are dressed I guess but you are concealing nothing. In fact, the pics are good examples of how not to carry concealed. In addition, the shoe/flip flop advice upthread is spot on. I don't mean to sound cruel here but I don't think the posts that tell you you are doing a good job of concealment are doing you any favors. As a suggestion, you might think about giving up on the tuckable idea and just wear untucked cover shirts.

Lol, so much criticism going on here...

OP, I really really like that holster. Kudos. Maybe one day I will invest in a quality leather-only holster. Currently, I am enjoying my crossbreed. I have never tucked in, though... After seeing these pics, I really need to try it out. As for people thinking you aren't being tactical enough... Lol, sometimes people go shopping. In regular clothes. In flipflops. It's casual Friday, and I am wearing flipflops at work right now. I don't always prepare for "the worst". Then again, I don't have a military background, so I am positive that I am in a different mindset than people with a lot of training and field work.

Also, you look plenty concealed, to me. Could someone notice the loops? Yeah, they could. I don't see that as a real game changer. I'm one of the guys who isn't convinced that OC or being "made" by some belt loops is necessarily a bad thing. I am under the impression that it can work either for or against you - depending on the circumstances at hand. EX: the Kennesaw Waffle House robbery that never happened because some guys inside were noticed carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Lol, so much criticism going on here...

OP, I really really like that holster. Kudos. Maybe one day I will invest in a quality leather-only holster. Currently, I am enjoying my crossbreed. I have never tucked in, though... After seeing these pics, I really need to try it out. As for people thinking you aren't being tactical enough... Lol, sometimes people go shopping. In regular clothes. In flipflops. It's casual Friday, and I am wearing flipflops at work right now. I don't always prepare for "the worst". Then again, I don't have a military background, so I am positive that I am in a different mindset than people with a lot of training and field work.

Also, you look plenty concealed, to me. Could someone notice the loops? Yeah, they could. I don't see that as a real game changer. I'm one of the guys who isn't convinced that OC or being "made" by some belt loops is necessarily a bad thing. I am under the impression that it can work either for or against you - depending on the circumstances at hand. EX: the Kennesaw Waffle House robbery that never happened because some guys inside were noticed carrying.
    Well I guess the next time I attend a training course Ill sport my kacki shorts and a pair of flip flops, should go well

To the OP wmhawth makes some good points. Take them into consideration.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I'm not getting it Doodle. Your holster work looks pretty good but just judging by the pictures you posted your concealment method is pretty inadequate. It's mostly the way you are dressed I guess but you are concealing nothing. In fact, the pics are good examples of how not to carry concealed. In addition, the shoe/flip flop advice upthread is spot on. I don't mean to sound cruel here but I don't think the posts that tell you you are doing a good job of concealment are doing you any favors. As a suggestion, you might think about giving up on the tuckable idea and just wear untucked cover shirts.
    Is the lack of concealment due to the different color of the loops vs my belt, forgive me but in the pics I don't see any printing at all, now in a couple of pics my shirt is tucked a little wierd around the holster and that I can fix. The shoes have been commented on and I already addressed that. Can you please ellaborate constructively. If it's nothing but the diiferent color leather that's an easy fix as I made them. I just need to get to tandy and pick up a different color dye. You guys realize that last pic of me weariong the holster is at home showing it untucked on purpous just so you can see where it is right?

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I'd say if Some people have such thin skin they are better off leaving the piece under the pillow when they go out.
    Life is tough, and if a little critisim and alternate viewpoints wad your tighty whiteys, your gonna have some real issues in the real world when facing confrontation.

As Jeff Cooper said on the age of the modern man" one can become quiet unpopular when one questions the usefulness of such things".
    Well next time I plan on being a jerk and flinging poo and someone tells me to be polite, I'll just say, "Life is tough."
    TN_Mike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Is the lack of concealment due to the different color of the loops vs my belt, forgive me but in the pics I don't see any printing at all, now in a couple of pics my shirt is tucked a little wierd around the holster and that I can fix. The shoes have been commented on and I already addressed that. Can you please ellaborate constructively. If it's nothing but the diiferent color leather that's an easy fix as I made them. I just need to get to tandy and pick up a different color dye. You guys realize that last pic of me weariong the holster is at home showing it untucked on purpous just so you can see where it is right?
    It looks as if you have made a good holster. I believe it would serve you well with different attire. Without getting into a discussion about the photos you have posted I will continue to advise you to use an untucked cover shirt for concealment. You have a few extra pounds around the mid section which, IMO, makes an attempt at "tuckable" less than practical. My advice is not meant to belittle or to ridicule you but to offer an opinion that might be of use to you. A sugar coated opinion might stroke your feelings and go down easier but won't be as helpful as a true assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    It looks as if you have made a good holster. I believe it would serve you well with different attire. Without getting into a discussion about the photos you have posted I will continue to advise you to use an untucked cover shirt for concealment. You have a few extra pounds around the mid section which, IMO, makes an attempt at "tuckable" less than practical. My advice is not meant to belittle or to ridicule you but to offer an opinion that might be of use to you. A sugar coated opinion might stroke your feelings and go down easier but won't be as helpful as a true assessment.
    I appreciate that but I don't see any handgun or printing. I am not offended by anything you have said, I just flat don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Well I guess the next time I attend a training course Ill sport my kacki shorts and a pair of flip flops, should go well

To the OP wmhawth makes some good points. Take them into consideration.
    Do they offer those at Walmart?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links