Sig 226 Grip for OWB Carry

This is a discussion on Sig 226 Grip for OWB Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently have a Hogue rubber grip on my weapon. I'll be carrying concealed OWB as soon as the restrictions are lifted from my License ...

Thread: Sig 226 Grip for OWB Carry

Sig 226 Grip for OWB Carry

I currently have a Hogue rubber grip on my weapon. I'll be carrying concealed OWB as soon as the restrictions are lifted from my License to Carry (MA resident). I noticed that the garments I wear over the holstered weapon have a tendency to stick a bit on the rubber grip (concerned about printing).

I'm thinking about switching the grip to a Hogue Extreme aluminum checkered grip. I'm anticipating that a cover garment will slide over aluminum a lot better than rubber. Should I be getting a checkered aluminum grip (want checkered to enhance my hold on weapon)? Will the garment catch against the checkering, or am I better off with a smooth aluminum grip? Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Generally speaking you should have less of a issue with the aluminum sticking then with the rubber.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    You shouldn't have a problem with the garment sticking on a checkered grip. I personally like wood, it has a classy look to it that other materials don't have.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

GM
    I have a P220 with factory aluminum checkered grip panels, and my clothes do not stick on them at all. I do not know about the Hogue, but the factory aluminum panels are slimmer and need shorter screws.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I would recommend either the checkered aluminum or the non-checkered G10. I use both grips for IDPA with a cover garment and have not had any problem with the vest catching on the gun, but the checkered G10 is aggressive, I mean, like sandpaper aggressive... The smooth aluminum can get a little iffy when the hand starts to get sweaty.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Links