Carry when HOME??

This is a discussion on Carry when HOME?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When CONUS--Yes......

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Carry when HOME??

When CONUS--Yes...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    With the occasional necessity to divest myself (post office, court house etc.), and in bed or the shower, if I'm there, I'm armed. My rig is comfortable enough and functional enough to allow carrying through the entire range of activities you described, and there has never been a case where I have accidentally flashed. I, too, live in the country. I have no reason to feel more or less safe here than anywhere else. There is virtually no possibility of me ever needing my firearm, but if and when I do, I suspect it will not be in foreseeable circumstances. It is about .8 seconds from available in any event.
    I, too have selected the hi capacity 9mm option for my primary everyday carry, in the form of Glock products. I have experienced 100% out-of-the-box reliability with Glock, and like the wide assortment of after-market modifications which are available. The only holsters I use are Brommeland Max-Con V's. For a belt I use either a Brommeland custom leather or Wilderness Instructor. His products can be seen here
    High Performance Concealment Systems for the Professional and he or his wife are usually available to answer any questions during normal business hours. For someone new to CCW, he is an encyclopedia of information.

Everywhere it is legal to.

And at home, everywhere but when I'm in the shower.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

At all times and places that it is legal to carry.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If I'm up, I'm armed. When I go to sleep, it on the nightstand.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    No not me. I suppose if I lived in a higher risk area it would be easier to wrap my head around it. Conversely, I usually have my OC device in my right rear pocket but even that gets old. My guess is that a lot of folks who start out carrying tend to be ready 24/7 but after a while it's just another thing' to do or have. This isn't to say that I'm not vigilant as I do keep the doors locked and a gun stored near the entry.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    What he said. Been like that for over 3 years now (since moving to the great state of Texas!). Only place I don't is in the shower, but its close enough where a BG coming through a window wouldn't have both feet in my house before I'm enroute. Being in Texas, there are a few places that post the 30.06 sign, and I do my best to avoid them, if they want to deny me my freedom, I will deny them my cash.

OpJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    What he said. Been like that for over 3 years now (since moving to the great state of Texas!). Only place I don't is in the shower, but its close enough where a BG coming through a window wouldn't have both feet in my house before I'm enroute. Being in Texas, there are a few places that post the 30.06 sign, and I do my best to avoid them, if they want to deny me my freedom, I will deny them my cash.

OpJ

I've been carrying every day and place it is legal since 1995. I feel naked even in my house without it. Kinda like knowing the wallet isn't in the back pocket when you sit down. Just another everyday piece of my wardrobe, even in the house.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Carry everywhere. Carried over 40 years (closer to 50), no one is gonna dictate where I can defend me and mine. You gotta weigh the penatility of getting caught carrying where prohibited vs meeting up with a bad guy intent on doing harm.

Wouldn't do me any good if I don't have it with me when the pooh hits the fan, so yes, It's on me even at home.... Just a little insurance that I'll have a fighting chance no matter the time, place, or situation should the creeper come calling... With the right firearm it's not a problem, or inconvenience to be prepared.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I carry at home...concealed from the wife/kids. My older boy (16) always knows but the younger (10) usually doesn't. The wifey...well. But it's that kind of neighborhood, not farmlike at all, but plenty of animals, if you know what I mean. Usually carry my SW MP 40c, but when I'm feeling ornery, my 4" Ruger GP100.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Yup,carry at home except in the shower but it`s in the bathroom with me. Home is where the Home Invasions happen.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Only when I'm going to be going in & out most of the day.

Absolutely, yes. Why not? Bad things can happen to you in the "safety" of your own home.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links