Carry when HOME?? - Page 3

Carry when HOME??

This is a discussion on Carry when HOME?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We always keep them around, but very very rarely carry at "home". Only when on the road so to speak. We keep them handy in ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Carry when HOME??

We always keep them around, but very very rarely carry at "home". Only when on the road so to speak. We keep them handy in case there is a critter that needs shot, so I guess that would include self-defense.

I realize not everyone is in a situation where they have choices, or the options are not there, so don't take this wrong......

But for ME--personally, at this point in time.....if I had to live in a place which necessated me carrying a gun around my home--I think I'd move. But that's just how I feel.

when at home the wife and i both carry, weather it is CC or OC its their or their is something bigger and badder real close. but then again their is the 9 dogs to get through before the lead starts flying, we have some land and can fire at will with out worry
    terry

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsclaw View Post
    We always keep them around, but very very rarely carry at "home". Only when on the road so to speak. We keep them handy in case there is a critter that needs shot, so I guess that would include self-defense.

I realize not everyone is in a situation where they have choices, or the options are not there, so don't take this wrong......

But for ME--personally, at this point in time.....if I had to live in a place which necessated me carrying a gun around my home--I think I'd move. But that's just how I feel.
    these folks probably never dreamed it could happen in their quiet little Kansas home either.

One well known home invasion is the November 15, 1959 quadruple murder of the Clutter family by Richard "Dick" Hickock and Perry Edward Smith during a home-invasion robbery in rural Holcomb, Kansas. The murders were detailed in Truman Capote's "nonfiction novel" In Cold Blood.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

about 90% of the time, and yes, quite often at home on 8 acres.

Here's one reason, more recent than In Cold Blood, posted on DC HERE

'Course, I can't get the SO to carry at all.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    ...interested in what others do.
    I always have either a Glock 27 or 21 within reach while sleeping or showering, holstered on my belt all other times.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Yeppers. Always & everywhere.

Here's a few links to some of the other times this question has come up:

Do you carry IN your home?

Do you carry in your own back yard?

Why you should carry at home.

Why carry at home?
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

My situation is much like yours OP, and I dont carry outside but am strongly considering it. I am careful when I answer my door...why wouldnt I need to be as careful when strangers (very rare) stop by my property when I'm out in the barn or shop or pasture?

I dont carry in the house but I've got my firearm immediately accessible in my safe/bedroom (no kids, not locked up or hidden) and it would be very difficult to cut me off before I got to it.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    armed 24/7, 365......that little hold in the heel of my Glock? Glock on a rope for the shower.
    I don't understand this? Please explain if you're serious
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Yes, you bet I carry at home......remember 100% of home invasions happen at home!!!
    2wheelGnnr likes this.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Carry at home. Makes carrying easier and more natural when not home.
    I was never a hero, but I am thankful I served among them.

mel
    Yes, my life, liberty and pursuit of happiness (i.e. My family) is my responsibility. I don't or won't rely on anyone else to ensure their or my safety. Be safe.

I put a gun in my waistband as soon as I get dresses and take it off when I go to bed, unless I have to go to the school or post office. I got used to it pretty quick. Started doing it the afternoon I got to pick up my permit. My wife thinks I'm crazy for carrying in the house just watching TV, but there are some unsavory people in this town, and every once in a while a door gets kicked in. I like carrying, it's legal, so I do.

I only carry when there's a chance of a violent encounter that may require a firearm.

VIP Member
    I've tried to come up with some compelling reasons for me not to carry at home, and drew a blank.

I must admit, I don't carry at home, but I have a firearm within reach wherever I am sitting at home just in case. I found it very difficult to carry on most weekdays for me. I can't carry at work, can't have any weapons on the property, can't leave it locked in my car at work (on their property), I drive to and from work during the week and that's about it. So I guess like another poster said, I too am more of a weekend warrior. I carry everywhere on the weekends or when I am off work.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links