Carry when HOME??

This is a discussion on Carry when HOME?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Probably no less than 5 threads on this same topic in the last couple months. YES, I carry at home. This just in... 100% of ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Carry when HOME??

Probably no less than 5 threads on this same topic in the last couple months.

YES, I carry at home.

This just in... 100% of home invasions occur in the home!

I would also say that folks are more vulnerable who live in the rural areas because it is understood and expected that help is not going to be close by.
    9MMare likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Everywhere I go I have my pistol and my wallet. If it's a good day, neither one will have to come out.
    oakchas likes this.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelGnnr View Post
    Do most of you carry at home or have your firearm close to you? I like to work alot on my shop and on the property. Im under cars, mowers, motorcycles and cutting/splitting wood alot on the property. Do you guys carry when your just outside working too? Im sorta in the country and dont see a "need" as not very dangerous but one thing I;ve learned in danger can come to you anytime and anywhere ready over the past 9 months..
    My wife has expressed concern about NOT being armed when working outside in the yard or in the garage as well as being home alone when someone decides that they want to make an unlawful entrance. This was one of the biggest reasons for our applying for permits. We've even had the discussion regarding it being better to be on you rather than stashed somewhere (supposedly) within a moments reach. If she is in the garage working on her projects, she will likely be in a less than ideally aware condition due to concentrating on the task at hand. This could allow someone to get closer than is desired and may give them the opportunity to prevent "getting to" a weapon.

I at least keep one close at home.

Always accessible.
    S&W 640-3

Yep. same as most here. I carry all the time. Even at home. Many people are attacked at home. If someone suddenly kicks in the front door, or is just suddenly there in the room with you after getting into the house without you knowing, that gun that was "just across the room" a minute ago is now "all the way across the room" and inaccessible when you most need it.

If it is on your hip or in your pocket all the time, you never have that problem.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Always. Actually I can tell you the exact number of times I've been unarmed in the past two years, 3. Twice for courthouse visits, once to attend my cousin's HS Volleyball game.

I keep "IT" with me all the time. Cutting grass, working on the truck, playing with kids, where ever, when ever. A good holster will eliminate your worries about the weapon moving or getting in the way.
    NRA Life Member
    "can't find a cool or witty quote to put here" - Boudreaux

The only time I am not carrying is when I am in the shower or in bed and at these times it is close by...

Smile You never know when SHTF

My wife and I carry whenever we are outside ... period. My wife will carry even riding the mower. Some home invasions has occurred when the BG knows you are in back cutting your back 40 and you can't hear anything happening in your house. Or if she enters the house earlier then the BG expected. It is not worth taking the chance.

Find a comfortable holster and accept that your lifestyle has to be modified abit. We also have different guns for different situations. Around outside my house and workshop, I carry a pocket pistol, Ruger LCR .380. Out on the town, Glock 30. Around the house, access to Mossberg 500 and FNH F2000.
    9MMare likes this.

Welcome to the forum Baren, and thank you for your service.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    When working outside in my yard, I always wear either sweats or workout gear and have my pistol in a fannypack (great at protecting the pistol from the elements), along with my KABAR field knife and other items.
    9MMare likes this.

I carry 24/7/365, the only exceptions are in the shower and where it's illegal.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    these folks probably never dreamed it could happen in their quiet little Kansas home either.

One well known home invasion is the November 15, 1959 quadruple murder of the Clutter family by Richard "Dick" Hickock and Perry Edward Smith during a home-invasion robbery in rural Holcomb, Kansas. The murders were detailed in Truman Capote's "nonfiction novel" In Cold Blood.
    Yeah, my mother knew them. They were 4H sponsers. Very very good folks, horrible what happened. Herb Clutter though, was a fine man, but what we would call a "sheeple" today, rest his soul. If someone were to come in my house int he night, assuming they survived the dogs, they would meet serious "resistance". We know that 911 may be 45-60 min. away--like I said, they are always close by.

Also look up Danny Remeta--we know the kind of trash that can come through the Interstate. I'd say 80% of the pickups you meet on the road here are packing--legal or not.

All the best.

Oakchas,
    I appreciate the the warm welcome. Excellent active forum.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links