Carry when HOME??

Carry when HOME??

This is a discussion on Carry when HOME?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Fairly new to the "game" and since obtaining CCW and reading I have become WAY more situationally aware.....and wow! glad I opened my eyes...but any ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Carry when HOME??

Carry when HOME??

Fairly new to the "game" and since obtaining CCW and reading I have become WAY more situationally aware.....and wow! glad I opened my eyes...but any rate. Im not carrying yet as I only have a 22 plinker as I've been training and practicing and plinking. but plan to carry in almost full size 9mm. S&W SD is what I'm thinking ( this week!! it changes all the time) BUT........

Do most of you carry at home or have your firearm close to you? I like to work alot on my shop and on the property. Im under cars, mowers, motorcycles and cutting/splitting wood alot on the property. Do you guys carry when your just outside working too? Im sorta in the country and dont see a "need" as not very dangerous but one thing I;ve learned in danger can come to you anytime and anywhere ready over the past 9 months.

It seems weird to go "out" protected and try to stay "ready" everywhere but home...just wondering how you all handled that? I'm not talking carrying while watching tv but out in the shop and around the property doing your normal "chores"......

Or do you have it accessible say like in your tractor when in the field or in the tool chest when in the shop?? Just more curious than anything. Now it snot like im on a ranch.....but about 6 acres and am all over between barn, shop, and what not.

Thanks, interested in what others do.
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

YES.......................at home too.
    nerdyvirgin likes this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I'm by no means a die hard firearm carrier. Mostly a weekend warrior so to speak...

I drop my kids off at school (no gun zone).
    I can't carry at work.
    I pick my kids up from daycare (another no gun zone).

Once I'm home I don't feel like strapping on a gun most of the time, but on the weekends I typically carry all the time.

I always carry - grocery shopping, mowing, trimming trees, gardening, laundry, cooking dinner, helping kids with homework or watching tv on the couch.
    Good holster with excellent retention will keep your weapon where you put it in the morning. Granted I'm not under cars... Plus, the danger of setting it somewhere is that you'll go on to your next project and forget to take your weapon with you. Uh oh.
    We are on 40 acres and can't count on neighbors or LEO - heck, don't even know someone is on our property until they are stomping up onto the deck (working on hubby for an early warning system) - BG's don't make appts, always be ready.
    ranger1, dogboy13 and Fitch like this.

To answer your question, Yes.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    When at home, if my gun isn't on my hip, it is setting right beside me.
    ranger1 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I have at least one weapon on me any time it is legal to do so. I can not carry at some clients places or in my office at work, but anywhere there is no sign, it is on me.

Pocket, hip or ankle (or a combo of them). It is arms reach while I am in bed & when showering there is a weapon nearby...

I never lull myself into a sense of security just because I am home... The words HOME INVASION come to mind.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I am new to the CC as well and I carry everywhere (within the law)! And here is why...1. Protection. Can't shoot what you're not carrying. 2. Comfort. If I am going to carry all the time, then I need to be comfortable with it and familiarize myself with the process, from the feel of the gun, movement, clothing..etc. and 3. Altertness. By carrying all the time it forces me to focus on the things I never really paid attention to..such as...30.06 Signs here in Texas (No Carry Zones). By having the gun on me at all times, I FORCE myself to pay attention to these places and memorize them, because I don't want to get caught carrying somewhere I shouldn't. If I just carry every now and then, you can bet, I am going to walk into a government building, sporting event, or other no carry establishment and then I could be toast.

Many of the guys here will tell you...practice, practice, practice. Then when you have it down pat....practice again. I think this goes for all aspects of the CC game, not just the burning powder.

All I've got is a dime....anybody got 8 cents change for me?

After the horrific home invasion case here in Cheshire CT. , I carry all the time....especially at home. The key is to find a firearm you can be comfortable with that does not restrict your activities. For me I found the Ruger LCP to be the perfect fit. I carry it everywhere....
    mr.stuart likes this.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

The only place I dont is in shower

Quote Originally Posted by MountainAir View Post
    ... Plus, the danger of setting it somewhere is that you'll go on to your next project and forget to take your weapon with you. Uh oh.
    I know...as I read over my post though of that too..thats a problem waiting to happen! I do this with my tools so I already figured knowing myself that would be a NO NO...so I would have to carry all the time!

My kids know not to touch it but.......cant be careless or let fall into the wrong hands!!
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Always.

armed 24/7, 365......that little hold in the heel of my Glock? Glock on a rope for the shower.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Ditto, at the very minimum, I like to have the LCP in my pocket if nothing else is practical.

Jim

eww
    Yes, always.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links