Finally....and it feels so good.

This is a discussion on Finally....and it feels so good. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No, I didn't just lose my virginity...well kind of I did (in a carrying kinda way). I called today (90 days exactly in Guilford County ...

Thread: Finally....and it feels so good.

Finally....and it feels so good.

No, I didn't just lose my virginity...well kind of I did (in a carrying kinda way). I called today (90 days exactly in Guilford County NC) and my permit was there. Went and bought myself a cheapo holster until the remora and crossbreed get here for the Glock 26. Now, as I sit and type this, I Have my glock IWB and it feel different, but good. I jumped through the hoops in order to use my constitutional right, 6 months from class to permit. Thanks to this forum for all of the help, it is so appreciated.

On another note, my bride to be (who gets her CCW next week) will be happy, because I decided to trade in the Sig p238 for a lady smith with some pink grips!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    90 days??? At any rate, congratulations and good luck with it all. If you don't like the Crossbreed (I hated it), the Brommeland Max-Con V has always been a comfortable parking place for my Glock products. Not cheap and not usually quick, but definitely worth the price and the wait. Whatever you go with, I highly recommend the Wilderness Instructor belt.

Congrats! Yes, you have to keep the little woman happy. Just remember, it's important! IF MOMMA AIN'T HAPPY, NOBODY'S HAPPY!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Yup, 90 days. That is the going rate in Guilford County. All other surrounding counties are running 3-5 weeks. Not sure what theyre gonna do come Dec. 1st when they have 45 days to issue permits!!!! Thanks for the holster advice as well, hopefully I'm happy with the 2 I have coming to me!

Congrats on the new SD/HD 'kit'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerff View Post
    Yup, 90 days. That is the going rate in Guilford County. All other surrounding counties are running 3-5 weeks. Not sure what theyre gonna do come Dec. 1st when they have 45 days to issue permits!!!! Thanks for the holster advice as well, hopefully I'm happy with the 2 I have coming to me!
    Ohio sheriff's departments have 45 days from date of application, so the quicker ones get much more business than the ones which drag their feet.

I just checked your reciprocity, and except for Minnesota, I had to get two non-resident permits to get all the states you have, and I still can't carry in Colorado. Your permit takes longer, but goes much further.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerff View Post
    No, I didn't just lose my virginity...well kind of I did (in a carrying kinda way). I called today (90 days exactly in Guilford County NC) and my permit was there. Went and bought myself a cheapo holster until the remora and crossbreed get here for the Glock 26. Now, as I sit and type this, I Have my glock IWB and it feel different, but good. I jumped through the hoops in order to use my constitutional right, 6 months from class to permit. Thanks to this forum for all of the help, it is so appreciated.

On another note, my bride to be (who gets her CCW next week) will be happy, because I decided to trade in the Sig p238 for a lady smith with some pink grips!
    Congrats on the permit. Now the question is, are the pink grips for her or you?? J/K

As to what the county will do when the law changes. They will start issuing in the allotted 45 days.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Congratulations on the permit!

Pink grips, I hope those are for the future mrs's.

The pink grips are for her! I've got a zebra print set on my glock.....
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. - George Washington
    Keeping it "on the square"

MN is 30 days.

But congrats to you.

GM
    Congrats on the new permit. Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

congrats!

Congrats, Chatham County took 6 weeks for me.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Congratulations on the wait being over. You called at 90 days, they didn't call you when it was ready?

I admit that I am jealous. Today makes 2 calendar months (July 22nd submittable) for me and my wife for Guilford county. It is really annoying because all the counties around us take 2-5 weeks.

Yeah, starting on day 80 I called and was told it was on the sheriffs desk waiting to be signed. My permit is dated 9/10, so they had it for 11 days before I received it. I wouldn't wait a day over the 90 days allowable by law, call or visit and let your case be known.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth. - George Washington
    Keeping it "on the square"

Links