61 days down.. 29 to go

This is a discussion on 61 days down.. 29 to go within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It has been 61 days since I applied for my permit. Just clled and they are saying that it is taking the ful 90 days. ...

Thread: 61 days down.. 29 to go

61 days down.. 29 to go

It has been 61 days since I applied for my permit. Just clled and they are saying that it is taking the ful 90 days.

On the plus side, I did find out that I can have someone else pick it up when it is ready since I will be 700 miles away at school.

I just wish it was ready now for the trip back to Michigan.

O well, guess I will jut have o wait.

2. Remove Ads

man I got lucky...39 days...I was shocked

Texas took every bi of the 90 days to send mine. It's worth the wait though.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I understand your frustration. My 90 days will be up in 2 weeks and I am getting really tired of waiting.

Guilford County has become notorious for their processing delay. This is usually followed by a comment about Barnes being in office too long (since 84 if I recall correctly). All of the surrounding counties take 1-3 weeks and for a pistol permit, many will issue the same day (hint, not Guilford where you will wait the 5 day maximum). They also have made a habit of not calling you when it is ready, but instead making you call them. Recently, they have been taking about 94-104 days, which has resulted in official complaints being lodged since the law says that they shall have 90 days, period. In response, the DA has usually opined that "90 days is just a guideline" which makes me question their competence and how they view other laws. Come Dec 1, they shall have 45 days. For those who recently took their CCW class, in about another week you will be better off to wait to submit your application because the total process processing delay will be less if you wait (submit now and wait 90, wait a week and there will be less than 45 days till 12-1 making the total wait shorter).

man that sucks! Everyone told me the same thing about meck county...I was literally floored when mine arrived as fast as it did.

I'll tell ya what I did - my little secret hehe - I called and checked the status about 15-20 times. They actually wrote down my SSN# wrong on my background check form that they sent to the hospital, when I called to let them know they kept transferring me. So I'd have to keep calling back over and over.

When I got the notice it was ready for pick-up I wondered if maybe they got sick of hearing from me???? Haha, whatever it was it worked : )

Links