Would you disarm to meet a celebrity - Page 2

Would you disarm to meet a celebrity

This is a discussion on Would you disarm to meet a celebrity within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just to meet someone - No. For a bunch of tea - No. If it involved a significant amount of money, it would be open ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Would you disarm to meet a celebrity

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Just to meet someone - No.
    For a bunch of tea - No.

If it involved a significant amount of money, it would be open for consideration.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

HELL NO!!!!

And NO "security" team is setting foot in my house either!!!
    TN_Mike likes this.

He's pretty pro gun. But who knows. I'd make a deal, he could come to my house armed if he wanted to. We'd be even.

Mike, what are the odds Penn Gillette was armed too? Pretty good I'd think.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I was not armed when I met Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper because I was 17 and an extra in the movie "Hoosiers".
    Now, that's a story I would love to hear...... would have liked to have been there.

For Rove, Bush, or Costner, .... I would probably go along with it. IN my house, it really wouldn't matter, as there is a gun somewhere nearby anyway. LOL, and I"m doubting I would really need it during their visit.

So, if it matters to you to meet them, then do it.... go along with it, it won't be for that long anyway for a one time deal.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    Just to meet someone - No.
    For a bunch of tea - No.

If it involved a significant amount of money, it would be open for consideration.
    Exactally.
    The will to win is meaningless without the will to prepare! -- Joe Gibbs
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live. -- Douglas Adams
    What's the best gun to have in a gun fight? The one you have on you!

P90DC, LCP, PT145, PT140, LCP, Rem 870 and so on and so on...

Any Celebrity I would like to meet shouldn't be worried about my right to carry,in fact I'm pretty sure they would embrace it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

And I really don't think he's the kind of guy who is going to ask someone to remove their guns from their homes. He's a conservative, not a liberal.

A "security sweep" does not necessarily equate to being disarmed.

But getting back to what Buckeye .45 said, I'm not disarming in my own home. That would be a deal breaker if that requirement was imposed as part of the visit.
    I agree. Sounds hypocritical for someone who makes their living supporting the conservative perspective.
    Vtxdpm likes this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

No thanks, I'll stay armed...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey Exactly: I think archer51 said it as well as can be said. Who the hell does this "celebrity" think he is anyway---if this is of such concern to him, he should not be having contests that involve such visits.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    What's funny is Charleton Heston's people (when he was alive) would probably ask you just carry a rifle (lol). Clint Eastwood's people would probably not want you armed. (John Hinckley, anyone?).

I will not allow a repair person to OC in my house. I'd ask him to leave the mag in the car at least. Why, since I promote OC? Well inside my house I know I'm safe and not a hothead, and I demand disparity of force -in my own home-. It's stupid to do otherwise. I will concede it's kinda dumb on my part, because the guy could CC, but hey, I do what I can not having a metal detector.

Thus I can understand why Rush's people might ask to do a security sweep. They don't know you aren't a Mark Chapman type. So meet him in public, like Starbucks and OC to your heart's content. I would not let anyone sweep my house. Strangers take stuff and plant things (and drop things). A Hollywood type's security team drops a packet of crack out of their pocket looking under the couch and it goes unnoticed, and then what? Bugs are extremely small and could be planted. Paranoia? IDK, it's not like the old days where someone had to have privacy to bug you and cops didn't know enough to plant evidence. Today all bets are off and everyone is suspect until proven trustworthy. I never trust anyone completely without verifying even my SO.

$.02

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    NO!!!

I wouldn't disarm for family members let alone someone I don't know and could care less about.

I'm going to mirror everyone else and say, HELL NO!!

My boss listens to Rush Limbaugh. It drives me crazy. I agree with some of what he says (he's a little too neocon for me on most things) but he's just obnoxious.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Instead of coming into my home, I would have him out on my west lawn for a beer or even a cup of his tea.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Not sure what they would say, but say they asked you to disarm and/or remove some of the firearms/ammunition beforehand, would you do so?

Negative..... In-fact, just because the question was proposed I'd offer up the following.... "in the words of Martin Lawrence" GET TO STEPP'IN! As the door slams shut.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links